Reporting from the Mariner Captain's Log Stardate 5-27-16

Good morning all, broadcasting from the bridge;

Yesterday's trip to Hoonah was a wonderful adventure. We booked two inclusive tours (out of pocket would have been approximately $80 each), one in the morning, one after lunch. The morning tour was a tram ride through a forrest area and to a beach front area, beautiful excursion narrated by a tribal leader. Afterwards an hour or so tribal dance and play all done by local high school students. It was a wonderful show in which the "actors" taught us all of their tribal heritage and traditions that they deeply value. Afterwards I spoke with many of them after making a gratuitous donation to their tip box. I told them I was very proud for them, to be so young and display such cultural pride and manners. I told them to never forget their heritage and tribal pride that was obviously based on humbleness, ethics and honor. I told them they are so far ahead of the game as compared to a segment of morons kids in the lower 48.

After having a wonderful lunch on board the Mariner, we traveled to our second excursion which was basically a nature walk into the forest. Excellent tour, if you are up for a 1.5 mile walk (piece of cake) you will be absolutely delighted.

Dinner at the Seven Steakhouse was excellent. Service was outstanding, cocktails and wine flowed and the variety of food ordered of various steaks and sea food sides was well received, I would rate it at a solid 9. Not Flemings or The Palm quality, but I have no complaints at all and the ambiance and view was spectacular! Yes my friends, i wore those dreadful expensive dress denims, white shirt (without tie) and black Armani sports jacket. I felt quite comfortable and was dressed for success while sipping a Grey Goose martini. However, I pushed my rogeness but one time, tonight I revert to Dockers and a collared golf shirt to fit in with the rest of the crowd.

Room service breakfast each morning of fruit, coffee (1 pot each for my wife and I) and an English muffin has been delivered on time by our butler. A great way to start the day before hitting the gym and then off to the day's adventure. Will check in later as we are now in Sitka. Going rogue and blazing new frontiers while broadcasting live from the Mariner, peace out, Kirk out.

CC is way behind the times you have no ability to delete a topic once you start it. Other sites I belong to I can delete a topic or comments anytime. I am sure that LLL did not realize he posted a duplicate thread as he thought the first one did not post. I have made duplicate posts by accident but if you don't catch it and are timed out you cannot go back and edit.

CC is way behind the times you have no ability to delete a topic once you start it. Other sites I belong to I can delete a topic or comments anytime. I am sure that LLL did not realize he posted a duplicate thread as he thought the first one did not post. I have made duplicate posts by accident but if you don't catch it and are timed out you cannot go back and edit.

Actually its quite easy. Simply click on the alert triangle and ask for your post to be deleted, or merged with another thread. I'm happy to do this. (or email me directly)