American Table Menu on Sunshine?

Lml513

Does the Sunshine now have the new American Table Menu? And if so. How does it differ from the old menus?

It does have the American Table menu. My opinion of it was that there were not many choices to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just off the Sunshine...I agree that the American Table menu offers less choices.

Also was surprised that lobster tail is not offered on elegant night, without paying the upcharge.

Steakhouse and Cuccina specialty restaurants were excellent! Worth the price to me!

Just off the Sunshine...I agree that the American Table menu offers less choices.

Also was surprised that lobster tail is not offered on elegant night, without paying the upcharge.

Steakhouse and Cuccina specialty restaurants were excellent! Worth the price to me!

Lobster is no longer offered on cruises less than 7 days. Been that way for a while now.

It does have the American Table menu. My opinion of it was that there were not many choices to choose from.

We sailed the Sunshine in January with the old menu and last week with the new American Table. We were not overwhelmed with the American Table at all.

The appetizers weren't bad but the entrees left us wondering. I'm easy to please and normally on a cruise have the dilemma of deciding between 2 entrees I want - 3 of the 5 nights with the American Table Menu I had a hard time finding anything I wanted at all. I don't care for the "marinara" type sauce Carnival puts into many dishes and I don't do Indian because of the spices. The short ribs were tough and stringy. The only entrée I can rave about was the Prime Rib that actually came medium rare. DH resorted to ordering the every night Chicken Breast and a baked potato.

It was disappointing enough for us having 2nd thoughts on whether to sail CCL ever again. And no, don't tell me I should spend extra $$ to get a decent meal in a specialty restaurant.

Just got off Sunshine today and although we enjoyed most of the food, we did notice a difference in the quality and selection with the new American Table menu. We preferred the menus and food that we had on the Pride last year!

Was on the Sunshine last week and loved the menus. Had fantastic food all week long.

Glad to see some people like it like lol. We will be on the sunshine in 2 weeks and can't wait. We've never cruised before so there's nothing to do compare the food to anyways ;)

Was on Pride in July (old menu) and sunshine in March (amer tbl) - did not notice much difference in the quality of the food or the offerings.

I did not like that they pulled the table cloths, but did like the bread and water on the table.

To each his/her own.

Glad to see some people like it like lol. We will be on the sunshine in 2 weeks and can't wait. We've never cruised before so there's nothing to do compare the food to anyways ;)

Apparently there aren't many of us that like them but we do exist!

The biggest problem with Sunshine is choosing where to eat! Jiji's is hands down worth the upcharge and so is sushi. Have yet to try Cucinia or their steakhouse (though have done others and always delish).

And yes, the MDR still offers the indian vegetarian - there are some other threads about how to get non-vegetarian as well. We are also ones that don't mind the new American Table menu - its nice to have a change, could care less about table cloths, and love having the water and bread left on table. The food is still as good as the old menu, just some items have been replaced with new dishes. There appear to be the same number of dishes (though some feel there are less) but a larger portion are menu standards, with fewer dishes changing up each night.