Internet package now listed as 250 Minutes or 1GB

Mistizoom

I know Breakaway has been using a data-based allocation for internet service, but for my booked Escape cruise, My Vacation Summary had listed "Internet Package (250 minutes)" as one of my free promos. I looked today and it says, "Internet Package (250 minutes or 1 GB)". I wonder if NCL will be changing to data-based plan on all ships when the new, faster internet rolls out? That makes sense to me and I think it would be a good thing. The time-based plan was horrible for the slow internet speeds on my previous cruises, as time ticked down whether or not any data was actually transmitted. I do notice the promo currently running still says "250 minutes" free wi-fi, however.

Edited by Mistizoom

Just off the BA this morning - now in post-cruise recovery mode :D

We had the free promo 250 minutes internet plan, which was in reality, a 1GB data plan - roughly translated into 1,000 minutes over a relatively "fast" satellite connection. The only reasons we used up all our data is because all the pictures uploaded via Tapatalk with semi-live posting last week on the Breakaway/Bermuda - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2358922

We used our 2nd. package of 250 minutes - here's a snapshot of our usage onboard. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160529/e5c9ebc387c917e0c749f794526ec6e3.jpg

Whether it's true & valid on the GA or Escape, perhaps folks on the current sailing can confirm or verify ... not sure if this is a recent change on the BA, as I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it on earlier BA sailing (anyone ??)