Kids Shoes Question

DebbieMo

Don't worry about it; no one else is.

My dad brought his dress shoes on our cruise but when he put them on, he found them too small and they were pinching his feet. He didn't even make it out of the cabin with them. He ended up wearing his baby blue crocs with his dress pants, dress shirt, tie and vest.

If no one fainted or expired from such a heinous fashion faux pas, no one will even bat an eyelash at your boys dark sneakers.

Don't worry about it; no one else is.

My dad brought his dress shoes on our cruise but when he put them on, he found them too small and they were pinching his feet. He didn't even make it out of the cabin with them. He ended up wearing his baby blue crocs with his dress pants, dress shirt, tie and vest.

If no one fainted or expired from such a heinous fashion faux pas, no one will even bat an eyelash at your boys dark sneakers.

Love it!! :D

DD wore shoes just like that but with a gold top. She wore them for about 10 minutes, kicked them off and was barefoot until we made her put her shoes back on to leave the table.

I think so long as they are wearing some sort of shoe, no one will comment.

My hubby wears black sneakers with his dress slacks every night. The only time he brings actual dress shoes is if he is going to wear a full suit or a tux, which is pretty rare these days.

DD wore shoes just like that but with a gold top. She wore them for about 10 minutes, kicked them off and was barefoot until we made her put her shoes back on to leave the table.

I think so long as they are wearing some sort of shoe, no one will comment.

So true.

Mom, who's waaaay past being a kid, wears black neoprene Merrell slides. For formal night she'll wear black socks with them. (She wears black slacks and a pretty top.) Makes no difference if it's Carnival or Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We brought two pairs of shoes for our son: sneakers and flip flops. He went to formal night wearing his sneakers which were dark gray. He looked perfectly fine and nobody batted an eye at his "less than formal" shoes.

When we sailed on Holland America to Alaska we did bring more formal attire including appropriate shoes, BUT Southwest lost our bag containing those items. [emoji36] So he went to formal night wearing sandals and jeans. Once again, nobody cared.

Edited by Tapi

We just got off a cruise last week and my boys (7 & 11) wore their Rainbow flip flops all week and no one even batted an eye lash.

Wow, glad I didn't go for more expensive dressy shoes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'd actually bought them some sperry knock offs for dinner but they whined that they were uncomfortable so my husband told them to just wear their flip flops the first night and see if anyone noticed. Nothing was said so that's what they wore the rest of the cruise (although they didn't go to the MDR on elegant night)

Wow, glad I didn't go for more expensive dressy shoes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Checked the prices of Rainbows? Quality with arch support isn't cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[quote name='SadieN']Checked the prices of Rainbows? Quality with arch support isn't cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Lol I thought rainbow as in colorful flip flops. Not even aware of Rainbow brand.

ETA: looked them up and they are very nice! Edited by DebbieMo