Just off the Magic with Dr. E

harp86

We were on the Breeze last year and have the oppsite opinion. We found his morning announcements and "singing" to be quite annoying. I agree his performance at the Legends show was pretty good, but his announcements and morning show were not appealing to us in any way. Unfortunately they feel the need to blare this morning show on the big screen every morning and if you want to sit by the pool it's impossible to escape due the volume level.

This just shows that it takes different strokes for different folks!

I personally feel that the less I see and hear the cruise director, the better. We don't cruise for the CD, and have never had one make or break a cruise.

Probably my most memorable CD was Kevin Noonan, just because he was so engaging and would talk to us anytime or anywhere he saw us, including in port at a bar one day when he recognized us from the ship. He is now in the corporate office over all CD's I believe. Again just my opinion, but we didn't care for Dr E.

We loved him too in Oct on Magic. Never even cared about any other CD, but we still talk about him! I think he's the real deal!

Great interview here:

And his morning song:

Nice interview. Thanks for sharing! Again, looking forward to meeting him. Singing and all!

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Magic yesterday, 7/9/16. Dr. E is the bomb! So energetic and upbeat. Loved Matt Mitchum on the Breeze in 2014 but Dr. E has won us over. I loved his "Good morning, I said a Good morning" song. It was contagious, everyone on the ship was "sangin it" by the end of the cruise. Love Dr. E!

Pay attention to him during the muster drill , He is the one talking over the speakers to every one , For instance he says in case of Far (fire) Then he say's he said it that way for the rednecks on the ship ! lol Muster is very funny with him

we sailed with him on the glory. he was so different from other cruise directors that for the first couple of days we weren't sure how we felt about him. the singing in the morning seemed odd at first. then as the cruise went on he grew on us and by the end we loved him.

when he is on the lido deck doing activities is when he is at his best and blows all the CD's away. he is a natural showman and knows how to get everyone out of their comfort zone and involved. and he did a great james brown impression during the priority party.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the second time I hear he will be going on vacay in October ..through February I also heard. Happy for him, but wondering if anyone knows who will be covering for him? We sail in January and I'm bummed I don't get to meet him! Hoping we get someone else awesome in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off the Magic Saturday. We had Dr. E for our cruise director.

Dr. E was hands down the best cruise director by a mile that I have ever cruised with during my 20 plus cruises. It's worth going on the Magic to sail with him. If any of you guys have sealed with him you will know what I mean.

We sailed with Dr. E on the Valor, in 2011, when he was an Assistant CD. He was the most memorable CD staff that I have ever sailed with. I always remember his name and have pics of him, too! Sailing with him again on Magic in October!

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know which ship he will be on next or if he will return to the magic? I hear great things about him and i'm planning to book the magic for Christmas 2017 and i'm guessing no one will know who the the CD will be that far out.

I do enjoy a good CD, I am a little sad that we won't have Dr. E for my 1/7/17 Magic cruise. It would have been my first time with him so I suppose I'll just have to book another cruise that he is on. Loved Wee Jimmy and Jaime Dee and from early cruise in the 90's John Heald was a blast. Don't much remember any others but am of the school of thought that a good CD can really enhance a cruise experience.

We just got off the Magic Saturday. We had Dr. E for our cruise director.

Dr. E was hands down the best cruise director by a mile that I have ever cruised with during my 20 plus cruises. It's worth going on the Magic to sail with him. If any of you guys have sealed with him you will know what I mean.

Funny, I was on the Magic in early November, and I thought at first he (Dr. E) was a pretty good CD. But by the end of the cruise I was more than annoyed by his same routine day in and day out...

OK, here is my take on Dr E. We have been on 30 Carnival cruise and have seen/heard all types of cruise directors. I have seen a change in the last few cruises to an entertainer type CD, singing, dancing etc. and that is a good thing. Dr E type of announcements gets a little old after you hear them everyday. I think the CD should be more than just a funny joke teller. They should provide information to help and inform ALL guest to enjoy the cruise. Not just loud in you face comments. So my opinion of Dr E is not as high as some of the comment in the above post. I don't sail for the CD, but I think Butch and Jamie are better CDs. Just my opinion. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We were on the Magic's New Year's Eve cruise 2015/16 with Dr. E and became big fans. I cannot remember but 3-4 CDs in all of our cruises, but Dr. E is the first one who was memorable enough to remember his name - Everton Bevelle. He set the bar very high for my future CDs. Leaving on the Breeze tomorrow and that CD has big shoes to fill IMHO LOL!

We were on the Magic's New Year's Eve cruise 2015/16 with Dr. E and became big fans. I cannot remember but 3-4 CDs in all of our cruises, but Dr. E is the first one who was memorable enough to remember his name - Everton Bevelle. He set the bar very high for my future CDs. Leaving on the Breeze tomorrow and that CD has big shoes to fill IMHO LOL!

It's actually "Eversen" but close enough ;). I agree. I love him!