Hot Water Problem on the Coral

Cruzin-K

Alaska05

My family is on the same cruise as you. 11days to go. Not on Baja deck but hope they solve the hot water problem quickly.

We are sailing on the Coral June 11 as well and hope this issue will be fixed! My DB & DSIL and family are travelling with us ... Baja deck but forward. We are on Caribe-aft

Hope we don't run into any problems!!! See you on board!

Interesting thread, we were on a B2B on the Coral and just got home on May 28th. We were on Emerald deck and had problems with no hot water several times. We called one day and the maintenance man came and checked and just said there was too much demand at that time.

What a load of BS :mad: I've been on lots of cruises on many different ships and even at times of day you'd expect half the ship to be showering I still had steaming hot water within seconds of turning on the faucet.

I get that stuff happens and it's annoying to have no hot water but it annoys me just as much to have the staff flat out lie about it.

What a load of BS :mad: I've been on lots of cruises on many different ships and even at times of day you'd expect half the ship to be showering I still had steaming hot water within seconds of turning on the faucet.

I get that stuff happens and it's annoying to have no hot water but it annoys me just as much to have the staff flat out lie about it.

Not really a lie since there are times when of the late afternoon when many people are showering and the demand is very high for hot water.

It can reduce the temperature of the water. Not all ships are designed to perform the same.

Not really a lie since there are times when of the late afternoon when many people are showering and the demand is very high for hot water.

It can reduce the temperature of the water. Not all ships are designed to perform the same.

Well, on the Coral, one of the times we had to wait about 8 or 10 minutes for the water to warm up it was before 6:00 on a day we didn't arrive in port until 9:30. Probably not much demand at that time. Also, on that very last morning when everyone would have been getting up to get ready to disembark, the water was hot right away. I think the crew member was either deliberately not telling the truth or was completely clueless.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I've been following the plumbing issues on the Coral for some time now. It's disheartening to hear that they still have not been resolved. We are scheduled for a trip at the end of August. I emailed Princess about my concerns and got no response. :(

Yikes!!! Just got our cabin assignment for June 11 sailing.

Baja aft near laundromat. Two places mentioned by the OP as being problematic.

Hope things have gotten better. Crossing my fingers. :eek:

Please have a fun time and .....come back and report your experience.;)

:eek:

Seriously though, the water problem did seem to be fixed by the last day. Just because we had five days or so with water problems doesn't mean you will. I would however suggest that if you need to do laundry, run down to Caribe to do it if you see even one maintenance sign on any machine on Baja ;)

:eek:

Seriously though, the water problem did seem to be fixed by the last day. Just because we had five days or so with water problems doesn't mean you will. I would however suggest that if you need to do laundry, run down to Caribe to do it if you see even one maintenance sign on any machine on Baja ;)

I plan to check the water temp as soon as I get on board. If it doesn't get hot, I'm going to Passenger Services immediately to report problem and let them know I'm aware it has been an ongoing problem.

Thanks for the heads up on the laundry since I will need to do some at the end before we head out for a week on land and then another cruise.

I plan to check the water temp as soon as I get on board. If it doesn't get hot, I'm going to Passenger Services immediately to report problem and let them know I'm aware it has been an ongoing problem.

Thanks for the heads up on the laundry since I will need to do some at the end before we head out for a week on land and then another cruise.

Not saying that you shouldn't complain about the water situation (I certainly would) but on some of their ships this has been an ongoing problem for years. They fix one section only to have it occur on another deck. Who knows. Even with all the bad reports you might have a cabin where there are no problems what-so-ever.

Not saying that you shouldn't complain about the water situation (I certainly would) but on some of their ships this has been an ongoing problem for years. They fix one section only to have it occur on another deck. Who knows. Even with all the bad reports you might have a cabin where there are no problems what-so-ever.

Agree. I don't need it to be steaming hot, but don't want it to be cold.

Agree. I don't need it to be steaming hot, but don't want it to be cold.

On the Emerald they seemed to have problems with the distribution valves & it had to be tweaked every so often. I can't recall if we had any problems on the Coral but I suppose we didn't since it wasn't to memorable. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

We were in B316 on her first cruise after dry dock. We also had no hot water as was many other cabins.

Even after we were told the hot water issue was resolved, ours was not. Finally, we spoke to someone that believed us and was willing to send up a plumber to check things out. He changed something in the hot water handle. No problems after that.

That cruise had lots of issues with flooding of cabins and work being done behind torn down ceiling panels on that side of the deck.

We also missed all but 1 port due to weather. Everyone received $100 on board credit and 50% off future cruise based on the fare we paid because of the inconvenience. We still enjoyed the cruise had a great time.

I'm sorry to hear that she is still experiencing these problems.

I wish we would have thought of asking for chocolate covered strawberries.;)