Does Carnival have a time of day for rate changes?

beacha

I want to upgrade to a balcony on Sunshine sailing from Norfolk on June 10. I was ready to make the change when the rates went down $100 per person. By the time I called, the rates were back up, but the cabins were still available. There are still several balconies and suites open. Since it is so close to sailing, how likely is it that rates will dip again? Is there a certain day or time of day that the rates change? Thanks in advance for any insight.

In a short answer: There is no time of day or hour. If you like the price, then pay it. Stop chasing prices.

I think that everyone wants the best deal that is available.

I just grab the price that works for me and then when I think of it, call the CCL number, have the agents there check for any deals for me, see if the price has changed. If it has, great....if it hasn't, that's fine too.

I think that everyone wants the best deal that is available.

I just grab the price that works for me and then when I think of it, call the CCL number, have the agents there check for any deals for me, see if the price has changed. If it has, great....if it hasn't, that's fine too.

And how much time do you spend chasing the best deal? As you said, you grab the price that works for you.

Time=money. Sadly, few people realize that.

Carnival seems to be having some issues with their website this weekend. I was looking at upgrading our room yesterday, was looking at balconies on Empress, promenade and Lido, right before I called all of them vanished and showed sold out. Not some of them but all of them. I called and their computers showed they were all available still on their end they said they are hearing of a lot of glitches regarding the site.

I got the room I wanted, checked the site today an all the rooms are still showing sold out. Have another cruise I need to add Dh to the booking and it's not really showing any rooms I want available even though it's in early Dec and there were lots the other day. I assume it's glitching too. Instead of calling and randomly getting a bigger room I will give the website a day or two to fix and try again to find a room I want, then I'll call.

And how much time do you spend chasing the best deal? As you said, you grab the price that works for you.

Time=money. Sadly, few people realize that.

Three minute phone call while waiting for something on the grill. No time at all. It's already booked, I have a booking number, agent looks it up. And that's all. I think I can spare 3 mins whenever it crosses my mind. Some people spend more time than that at a traffic light.