Changes to Royal Suite Class Program - what are the details?

Hello,

I am in the process of booking a Star Class suite on Ovation for a late 2017 sailing and one of the reasons I decided to book the Star Class was the Royal Suite Class Program.

On the RCCL website I notice the following text:

Discover luxury accommodations that are more than just beautiful spaces. Royal Suite Class is a tiered suites program that redefines luxury with enhancements designed to elevate every aspect of your vacation. From exclusive experiences, like the suites-only Coastal Kitchen, to inclusive amenities, like complimentary VOOM high speed Internet. PLEASE NOTE: The Royal Suite Class Program is only applicable for sailings between 4/14/2016 through 5/26/16 and on sailings between 11/30/16 through 1/23/17.

I called RCCL to inquire as to what this meant, and the person I spoke with said the program was changing and that some items were being removed from the program (i.e. internet, speciality restaurants, drink package - basically the things I valued).

I'm now reconsidering whether it is worth it to pay so much more for the Star Class cabin and whether I should just book a standard balcony or even look at a different line that has a similar trip.

Does anyone have the details / comparison as to the old vs new program?

Edited by ScreamWithMe

Think that is the time frame that Ovation is sailing out of China.

If I recall, the program is only valid on sailings from Sydney.

Yes, the person I spoke to on the phone mentioned that it did not apply to China based sailings, but the cruise I want to book leaves from Sydney and goes to New Zealand and back to Sydney with no stops in China, and that warning is still displaying on the one I want to book.

Part of me thinks they just haven't updated the text to include a sailing in late 2017 out of Sydney, but this is quite an expensive purchase for me, so I want to be sure.

Part of me thinks they just haven't updated the text to include a sailing in late 2017 out of Sydney, but this is quite an expensive purchase for me, so I want to be sure.

For some reason I recall seeing a statement about the Sydney "season" being extended.

If it was, classic case of Royal not keeping their site up to date.

For some reason I recall seeing a statement about the Sydney "season" being extended.

If it was, classic case of Royal not keeping their site up to date.

This is correct. I heard back from RCCL today and yes the package does apply to this Sydney based departure. I booked it :)

This is correct. I heard back from RCCL today and yes the package does apply to this Sydney based departure. I booked it :)

That is great news for you - I was considering a cruise on the Ovation in January 2018 out of Sydney and because of that disclaimer, decided to book the Oasis instead for December 2017; we wanted to try the Star Class and didn't want to be in for a disappointment. I wonder though how the Genies will work out - will RCCL fly them in for each Sydney season and then out again when the ship returns to China?