Golden Princess - Aft White Space?

thistledoo

Can anyone tell me what the large "white space" is on the Golden Dolphin deck aft, behind the laundry? Thinking of booking one of the aft balconies and wondering if it will be noisy. Thanks

It can be any range of things from crew lifts and stairwells to laundry shoots and even linen storage and trolley storage.

Given its size and two deck height at the very back of the ship, I would suspect this is the main A/C fan room for the after portion of the ship, servicing all cabins and public areas aft of the after staircase/elevator lobby.

Noise should not be a problem. Fans and cooling coils, engineers walking through the space once or twice a day.

There most likely will be some housekeeping pantries (ice makers and glass washers) and linen lockers notched out of the main space, but again, nothing really noisy, particularly during night hours.

I don't think any cruise ship has "laundry chutes" as these would violate the required fire zone separation between decks.

Edited by chengkp75

I don't think any cruise ship has "laundry chutes" as these would violate the required fire zone separation between decks.

They do have laundry chutes and they have been pointed out on the behind the scenes tours.