Wheelchair Assistance with own scooter

On my last cruise I used wheelchair assistance to board and had rented a scooter. Since then I have bought a scooter and life is good! My question is in taking my own scooter next time can I still use assistance?

Ā 

Thank you in advance,

Vickie

On my last cruise I used wheelchair assistance to board and had rented a scooter. Since then I have bought a scooter and life is good! My question is in taking my own scooter next time can I still use assistance?

Ā 

Thank you in advance,

Vickie

Ā 

The ship will not take responsibility to board your personal scooter. Therefore you'll have to ride it onto the ship.

If you are riding your own scooter, you will be directed to the wheelchair line for check in and then shown where the elevators are. You just ride up to the ship on your own. There wouldn't be anyone to help with your carry on, if that is what you are asking. To make it easier, give everything but your purse to the porters.

If you are riding your own scooter, you will be directed to the wheelchair line for check in and then shown where the elevators are. You just ride up to the ship on your own. There wouldn't be anyone to help with your carry on, if that is what you are asking. To make it easier, give everything but your purse to the porters.[/QUOTE]

Ā 

OP should also carryon their medications and not give that bag to the porter. Additionally the OP can place a small carryon the platform of their scooter underneath theirs legs. I do this regularly and works out well.

If you are riding your own scooter, you will be directed to the wheelchair line for check in and then shown where the elevators are. You just ride up to the ship on your own. There wouldn't be anyone to help with your carry on, if that is what you are asking. To make it easier, give everything but your purse to the porters.[/QUOTE]

Ā 

OP should also carryon their medications and not give that bag to the porter. Additionally the OP can place a small carryon the platform of their scooter underneath theirs legs. I do this regularly and works out well.

Ā 

I use a Travelscoot and I purchased the basket that goes on my scooter so I put my purse and other items in the basket. On smooth ground I can also roll my carry-on that is on wheels with my left hand and use my right hand to steer and to use the brake. It works very well on flat ground that is smooth (not so good on carpet). I also put items underneath my legs on the platform.

If you are riding your own scooter, you will be directed to the wheelchair line for check in and then shown where the elevators are. You just ride up to the ship on your own. There wouldn't be anyone to help with your carry on, if that is what you are asking. To make it easier, give everything but your purse to the porters.

Ā 

Thank you. This is the info I was needing. Good to know I don't get on through the long lines!

Ā 

Have DH to take on the carryon for me :D

• 2 months later...

DH has his scooter to board and get around on however I will be requesting assistance.The ramp going up is not always flush and even. There is a chance it could get hung up, it happened before on one of our cruises!

CRUISING IS THE BEST!!šŸš¢šŸš¢šŸš¢