Salsa and Salsa with kids

minerva78

I was wondering if anyone has done the Salsa, Salsa and Margaritas excursion with kids. My husband and I would love to do this, but we will have our 7 and 9 year old girls with us and was wondering how difficult it would be for them to participate. Both my girls LOVE to help me in the kitchen, and they can do simple cutting (though I'm more comfortable with my older girl using sharp knives than the younger one), measuring, mixing, and some other food prep. Have not really done much with them on the stove, but figured this would be a good excursion since I don't think we'd be using a stove.

We're kinda trying to decide between the Salsa and Salsa excursion and Josefina's cooking class (even though I read Josefina no longer does this but she has assistants who do and the classes are still in her home). I'm leaning towards the Salsa and Salsa with the kids and eventually doing a real cooking class some time later with just DH and I. Just looking for anyone else's experiences.

We did this excursion without children, and I can't remember if there were any children on our excursion, but I do believe there were also virgin margaritas being passed around. So, I think children would be fine, especially with the making of the different salsas. It is a beautiful location, I just wish I had taken my snokeling gear to use after the class was over, because you can stay at the resort another 1 to 2 hours after class and enjoy resort.

I haven't done salsa, salsa but I have taken Josefina' s class. I am very sorry to hear she is ill. My husband and I really enjoyed our day with her even though I had to persuade him to go initially! I think it could be a fun family activity but whether your children would enjoy it would depend on how adventursome they are at eating. You walk to the local market and they would get to see the fresh fruits, vegetables, fish and meats.

However, I think from what I have read, at their age they may have more "fun" at salsa, salsa with the limited food preparations and dancing. As it has been mentioned the activity takes place at Hotel Cozumel and you can stay at the resort afterwards, if you have time, and enjoy the large swimming pool and (rocky) beach area.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We did the Salsa and Salsa and think your children would love it especially if they like helping in the kitchen. The dancing at the end was fun and the few children that were there appeared to have a great time.