Port Canaveral questions

qshari

I will be sailing on Magic out of Port Canaveral and have a few questions.

How far/long is the ride from the airport to port?

I plan on flying in a day early. What hotels do you recommend?

How would you recommend getting to the hotel? Do any offer shuttles? Take a taxi? Other options?

What time should I book our return flight?

I'll be on the Magic in a couple of weeks. [emoji4] We're driving in though and staying at the Best Western oceanfront. It's affordable, clean, and breakfast is included. They have a shuttle available. Most of the hotels do. If you want to be as close to the port as possible and don't care about being beachfront there's the Radisson and Homewood Suites which is brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Airport to the port is 45-60 min.....

The hotels closest to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, Homewood Suites and Radisson At The Port....

Taxi is way too expensive!! I would get s shuttle. Most recommended are Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx and Executive VIP Limo....

I would not book a return flight any earlier than 11:30-12:00.....

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

How far/long is the ride from the airport to port? 45-60 minutes - you are flying into Orlando, right?

I plan on flying in a day early. What hotels do you recommend? Most prefer to stay in PC/Cocoa Beach; we prefer to stay in Orlando - 1000's of hotels and many more dining options.

How would you recommend getting to the hotel? Do any offer shuttles? Take a taxi? Other options? We rent a car one-way MCO-PC; all of the rental agencies in PC/Cocoa Beach offer a free shuttle to the port.

What time should I book our return flight? After noon is safe

GTO Girl gave you a good list of other transport options. I would use one of those over a rental car back to MCO unless you flight is leaving after about 2:00 - then rent a car and go somewhere fun for lunch before checking in for your flight. Have a good cruise!

Depends on traffic, 528 the main road is usually good but accidents happen quite often. Usually takes an hour to get from MCO to Port canaveral.

Homewood suites is closest to the port now, haven't stayed at that particular one but it is always a treat to stay at any Homewood suites. Doubletree is fantastic, as is the Hilton on cocoa beach.

Get a package with https://www.goportcanaveral.com/

it ties in all the transportation from the airport to the hotel and to the cruise, and back to the airport.

Book a flight after noon to be safe. Or if you get a package with return use you can hang out at the hotel and have a flight even later and still enjoy hotel amenities :cool: Embassy Suites by MCO is a great place to stay

We always fly in a day early and stay in Cocoa Beach. When we did it 10 years ago, the shuttle we booked -can't remember the name of that one - (arrived around 4 p.m.) had like 2 stops on the way to Cocoa Beach, so it took us like 2.5-3 hours to get to our hotel!! But this past year, we used the Cocoa Beach shuttle and they were great. Picked us up at the airport, along with 2 other parties. They do fill the van, which makes sense. They stopped at one other hotel in Cocoa Beach before ours, which was no big deal.

On the return trip, the shuttles all have a place they pull up outside the ship dock area. It was easy to get to/find, and shaded. We waited about 10-15 minutes for a shuttle to arrive and got right on. They have all the reservations there, so they know who is coming/going.

We have stayed at the Radisson all the time (10 years ago and this past year), always clean, dependable, nice rooms. They have a nice pool too. I think this time, we'll fly in earlier so we can actually use it. Typically, we've arrived at like 6-7 p.m., eat dinner and go to bed! LOL!

There are certainly many options, these are what have worked for us.

We always fly in a day early and stay in Cocoa Beach. When we did it 10 years ago, the shuttle we booked -can't remember the name of that one - (arrived around 4 p.m.) had like 2 stops on the way to Cocoa Beach, so it took us like 2.5-3 hours to get to our hotel!! But this past year, we used the Cocoa Beach shuttle and they were great. Picked us up at the airport, along with 2 other parties. They do fill the van, which makes sense. They stopped at one other hotel in Cocoa Beach before ours, which was no big deal.

On the return trip, the shuttles all have a place they pull up outside the ship dock area. It was easy to get to/find, and shaded. We waited about 10-15 minutes for a shuttle to arrive and got right on. They have all the reservations there, so they know who is coming/going.

We have stayed at the Radisson all the time (10 years ago and this past year), always clean, dependable, nice rooms. They have a nice pool too. I think this time, we'll fly in earlier so we can actually use it. Typically, we've arrived at like 6-7 p.m., eat dinner and go to bed! LOL!

There are certainly many options, these are what have worked for us.

I assume what ever hotel you stay at they will drop you off at in Coco Beach

Do you recall how much it is from airport to hotel and from port to airport? I assume it's a per person charge???

Thanks for your help??

Dan

How would you recommend getting to the hotel? Do any offer shuttles? Take a taxi? Other options?

What time should I book our return flight?

We rented a car at the airport and stayed at the Hampton Inn on Cocoa Beach. The rental car was cheaper than a shuttle to the hotel ($ 47 vs. $ 60 for 2). The car allowed us to do some shopping and eat where we wanted. The morning of the cruise, we dropped the luggage at the port, dropped off the rental car and were back at the port quickly since we had no luggage to deal with on the rental car shuttle. We used Cortrans for the shuttle from the Port to the Airport when we returned. This process worked well for us since it gave us a more freedom with the car before the cruise and actually was a little cheaper.

what time should I book our return flight?

It is 45 minutes to the port.

Country inn and suites is close to the port.

executive vip limo is good choice

I assume what ever hotel you stay at they will drop you off at in Coco Beach

Do you recall how much it is from airport to hotel and from port to airport? I assume it's a per person charge???

Thanks for your help??

Dan

Yes, we stay at the Radisson and they have a shuttle that takes us to the port. I think it's like $5-6 per person for that, or maybe some is included with our room, can't remember on that. I don't recall the exact amount for the airport shuttle, we do round trip. I think it was like $120 for the 3 of us. And yes, it's per person, but there are 3 of us (2 adults and 1 teenager).

I have no desire to rent a car a go anywhere else once we're there. LOL! We get to the airport (usually late afternoon or early evening), shuttle to our Coca Beach hotel, grab some dinner then head to bed. We don't feel any reason or need to explore around the area.