Ship Time VS Port Time

They always stay on ship time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my experience that they always stay on home port time during western and eastern Caribbean sailings. That's why it's very important to not ask the locals about what time it is, but always stay on ship time.

When I took a Baltic cruise last summer they did however change the ship time to the local ports time.

Do RC ships stay on home port time or do they change to in-port time?

I have had cruises even to the Caribbean that the ship time changed to match the port. However, I haven't seen it recently. But if they do change the time it will be list on the Cruise Compass.

Freedom of the Seas stayed on Florida time during our recent Western Caribbean cruise in April. Since Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings time, local time was one hour earlier than ship time there.

Varies cruise to cruise. We changed time on Vision on a Western Caribbean cruise this past March.

It's my experience that they always stay on home port time during western and eastern Caribbean sailings. That's why it's very important to not ask the locals about what time it is, but always stay on ship time.

When I took a Baltic cruise last summer they did however change the ship time to the local ports time.

Wow...our experience on every Caribbean cruise we have taken is that we've changed our clocks (and the ship's clocks) to local time. I suppose it's up to the captain? It would be nice if there was consistency fleetwide

Wow...our experience on every Caribbean cruise we have taken is that we've changed our clocks (and the ship's clocks) to local time. I suppose it's up to the captain? It would be nice if there was consistency fleetwide

Consistency??? Donna, this is Royal Caribbean.:rolleyes:

We are supposed to be in Grand Cayman from 9:30am-6pm, is this time ship time or port time?

The published time is the local port time. If the ship time is different from local time, the captain may change the time to match the local time or may not. There are many factors that goes into the decision to change the ship's time. The time zone where the ship departs is one. For example two ships and one is from an EST (FL) port and the other from CST (TX). The time of year matters as some island do not observe daylight savings time.

We have been cruising in the Caribbean for 11 years, different ships, different lines. 99.9% of the time the ship changes to port time, so that ship time IS port time.

It is well-announced, both in the daily newsletter & on the PA system. But you should always always ALWAYS double-check the correct ship time as you are disembarking, keep your watches & phones set to ship time, and make sure you know the correct SHIP time to be back!