SEA Shuttle to Explorer

Hello everyone,

Just back (last Friday) from this cruise. YES, we did make it to the ship on time but we were on the last shuttle from the airport and there were only a few of us on the bus. When we checked in for the shuttle, even the attendant said "We've been waiting for you guys!!" The good part about this: There were no lines for security and to check-in/obtain SeaPass card once we got to the ship. Would I take this chance again? No.

Even though booking the shuttle directly through the cruise line means that they guarantee to get you to the ship on time, I was a ball of nerves all day. I kept thinking, what if the bus breaks down or we have an accident or...any number of things could happen. Mostly I was worried that our flight would be delayed or cancelled. Next time, I will book a flight for the night before and spare myself the worry.

We had a great time though and I'm thinking about doing a quick trip report once I take care of some things at work. Have a great day!

Hello everyone,

Just back (last Friday) from this cruise. YES, we did make it to the ship on time but we were on the last shuttle from the airport and there were only a few of us on the bus. When we checked in for the shuttle, even the attendant said "We've been waiting for you guys!!" The good part about this: There were no lines for security and to check-in/obtain SeaPass card once we got to the ship. Would I take this chance again? No.

Even though booking the shuttle directly through the cruise line means that they guarantee to get you to the ship on time, I was a ball of nerves all day. I kept thinking, what if the bus breaks down or we have an accident or...any number of things could happen. Mostly I was worried that our flight would be delayed or cancelled. Next time, I will book a flight for the night before and spare myself the worry.

We had a great time though and I'm thinking about doing a quick trip report once I take care of some things at work. Have a great day!

Good news, thanks for checking back in. :)

Thanks, valuable link...I knew it probably existed just always have called.

I'm one of those people that always goes in the day of, my feeling is anything can happen at anytime so going in a day early can cause just as much frustration or stress. Also I want to get to the main event.

However, leaving from LAX or OC on early morn or red eyes does build my confidence and a few hours, as r flights r seldom delayed due to weather.

The way I look at it is the CL has no problem bringing me in the day of and in OPs case up until 12:45.

Sometimes I book air travel at the same time RCI offers. I also take their transfer, at least this way they have my name on the list and if i am on one of their buses delayed in traffic they certainly will be waiting, just because they want everyone on board 90 minutes before does not mean they do not acccept late comers within reason.

Not worth the stress.