carnival legend bering sea crab

shutuph

Hi

Hoping for some help on Bering Sea crab in Ketchikan.

Has anyone booked them direct? Will Carnival Price match the excursion as it is 50.00 cheaper each to book direct rather than through Carnival.

I am also wondering if people had time to explore Ketchikan after. I noticed Ketchikan is one dock short as Celebrity hit a dock recently and concerned that if we are tendered (4 ships in port and 3 docks that day) that we may miss the tour if not booked through Carnival. (or does anyone know if there is only one bering sea boat so carnival excursion people are on the same boat.)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We booked this excursion last year through Carnival. We had plenty of time to explore after. We went and had lunch and did some shopping. I believe there is only one crab boat. It is the Aleutian Ballard.

Of all the excursions we have done on over 20 Carnival cruises, this was by far my favorite.

If it's a one-off excursion you won't be able to book it bc the line contracts out the excursion when in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did this tour thru Holland America in 2014 and I have to agree with Colorado Beach Bum....it has been our favorite thing we've ever done on an excursion. So even if you book it thru Carnival you won't be disappointed. The crew on the Aleutian Ballard makes this tour hands on and you get to hold crabs and other creatures. By far the best.