FTTF Refundable?

Heathera40

Hi! We are booked on the Miracle out of Los Angeles the week before Christmas. We haven't *quite* convinced my in-laws to come with us yet, but we have booked them a cabin, knowing that we can cancel up to final payment. If I buy the FTTF passes for both cabins now, but we end up canceling one, does anyone know whether I will get a refund for the $60?

Thanks!!

we just cancelled our November cruise and our FTTF was credited back. Be careful as a full refund of deposit is not guaranteed. Don't know how I missed it but the $250.00 deposit we made was not refundable because we booked a package that gave us $25.00 each on board credit. Not my explanation, Carnival's.

I have never had this happen not that we have cancelled many cruises but we did not get any refund at all. Just a promise that if we cruised in the next 24 months we would get $150.00 towards that cruise. The deposit was $350.00 canadian so we took a big hit. I don't know how I missed the no refund part of my booking but live and learn I guess.

Yes it is. I have booked it in the past, and then cancelled it. It was refunded to my CC.

LOL..then I rebooked it again a few weeks later and the cost had gone up by 10.00:D

Thanks for your replies, I just went ahead and bought them. After reading that they sometimes sell out right after they are released I figured I'd better act now!

Thanks debandbruce for the tip about canceling. I actually called Carnival to book instead of doing it online to make 100% sure everything was refundable - I'm anal that way:D We ended up paying a little more per person, I think $20-$30 more pp, but it was worth it to me to have the option to cancel up until October.

Cheers!

Thanks for your replies, I just went ahead and bought them. After reading that they sometimes sell out right after they are released I figured I'd better act now!

Thanks debandbruce for the tip about canceling. I actually called Carnival to book instead of doing it online to make 100% sure everything was refundable - I'm anal that way:D We ended up paying a little more per person, I think $20-$30 more pp, but it was worth it to me to have the option to cancel up until October.

Cheers!

I also booked with Carnival directly, was not told the deposit was non refundable at time of booking. As I said, lesson learned and won't book again without checking on that part. Enjoy your cruise.

we just cancelled our November cruise and our FTTF was credited back. Be careful as a full refund of deposit is not guaranteed. Don't know how I missed it but the $250.00 deposit we made was not refundable because we booked a package that gave us $25.00 each on board credit. Not my explanation, Carnival's.

I have never had this happen not that we have cancelled many cruises but we did not get any refund at all. Just a promise that if we cruised in the next 24 months we would get $150.00 towards that cruise. The deposit was $350.00 canadian so we took a big hit. I don't know how I missed the no refund part of my booking but live and learn I guess.

Sounds like you booked Early Saver. $50 per person penalty for cancellation and they hold the balance of your deposit to be applied to a future cruise.

Sounds like you booked Early Saver. $50 per person penalty for cancellation and they hold the balance of your deposit to be applied to a future cruise.

Guess that is what it likely was. We have only taken 2 Carnival cruises so not that familiar with them yet. The rep on the phone made it seem like it was due to this great deal we got with $25.00 pp on board credit. I chuckled at her and said not really that good to lose so much. We booked this cruise on impulse thinking we could cancel if we couldn't go. We will be much more cautious in the future with bookings where our travel dates are iffy. We were only off by a few days but have booked another cruise with Royal Caribbean as the port is closer to home. Likely won't cruise with Carnival in the next 24 months as we are hoping to do Hawaii in 2018 and will be saving for that. C'est la vie!

Any chance of your adding a short CCL to your Royal cruise.

Any chance of your adding a short CCL to your Royal cruise.

No, we are going out of Cape Liberty cruise port in New Jersey. We usually drive to Florida to cruise but this is only 7 and a half hours from home. The dates work into my hubby's holidays and we were able to book a 10 day. Looking forward to trying the Magic someday, it just didn't work this time around.

Hi! We are booked on the Miracle out of Los Angeles the week before Christmas. We haven't *quite* convinced my in-laws to come with us yet, but we have booked them a cabin, knowing that we can cancel up to final payment. If I buy the FTTF passes for both cabins now, but we end up canceling one, does anyone know whether I will get a refund for the $60?

Thanks!!

Yes it can be refunded.