Naples to Capri on your own

Joal

Will be in Naples on September 25. Considering doing a day trip to Capri on our own. Has anyone taken the boat to Capri out the port of Naples? How close is the departure pier from where the cruise ships dock? Have been checking this, and it seems to us to be better and cheaper than taking either private shore excursions, or the ones offered by the ship. Will be in port from 7AM to 6:30PM. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Joal

It's almost next door to the ship. Done this many times. Buy your return ticket as soon as you arrive in Capri and don't wait till the last return boat. Capri is wonderful. Go up to Ana Capri for fab views.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

It's almost next door to the ship. Done this many times. Buy your return ticket as soon as you arrive in Capri and don't wait till the last return boat. Capri is wonderful. Go up to Ana Capri for fab views.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Thank you. Good news the ferry pier is so close to the ship. We will NEVER wait fro the last boat back. Too afraid to miss the ship! Would probably take one around 3PM for a departure at 6:30PM No rush, no anxiety. Thank you again.

Do a search on this forum and you will find many detailed posts (many from me) with step by step directions.

Hank

Will do a search. Thank you.

Ferry right by your ship. Seems to me it was 40E.

Yep. That would be the approximate cost, round trip, on the hydrofoils/jetboats. It used to be 17€ one-way....but we think there has been a recent small increase.

i just stayed in Naples precruise and took ferry to Capri. So so so easy!!!! U will have no trouble even if uhave no idea. Just get off ship, walk to ferry port ( pretty close) ticket booth right there, I'm trying to remember price( I think it was 14 one way but omg.....lol it was only a few days ago). Took about 45 minutes to get across . Capri is pricey! Lots of higher end stores. Butt shirts and stuff at bottom before u go up funicular.