Back from 5/22 Freedom Sailing - Minor Injury Sustained at Labadee

I so agree with you, jagsfan. That's exactly what I shared with the RCI officer.

Glad for your healing, and that more attention is being drawn to the hazards. We always wear water shoes even when walking in sand; I guess that comes with having experienced the unexpected my husband waded in at Coco Cay without his on, stepped on a creature probably an urchin? and, had an uncomfortable remainder to our cruise. :)

Stay safe everyone!

Edited by evelyn51

Glad for your healing, and that more attention is being drawn to the hazards. We always wear water shoes even when walking in sand; I guess that comes with having experienced the unexpected my husband waded in at Coco Cay without his on, stepped on a creature probably an urchin? and, had an uncomfortable remainder to our cruise. :)

Stay safe everyone!

evelyn51, I've been to Coco Cay...didn't realize there was stuff there too. But I suppose that it could occur at ANY beach, so the water shoes remain on my shopping list for next sailing!

evelyn51, I've been to Coco Cay...didn't realize there was stuff there too. But I suppose that it could occur at ANY beach, so the water shoes remain on my shopping list for next sailing!

:). Thumbs up!