Child price

mrsbraxton

I'm looking at cruise prices for next summer out of curiosity and when I click to get final price (travel agents website) our child who will be 3 next summer is coming up at full price. He was 18 months old when we cruised last summer and we didn't pay for him so wondering what policy is now for child prices.

Thanks

I'm looking at cruise prices for next summer out of curiosity and when I click to get final price (travel agents website) our child who will be 3 next summer is coming up at full price. He was 18 months old when we cruised last summer and we didn't pay for him so wondering what policy is now for child prices.

Thanks

Call them or call MSC directly.

Thanks. Tomorrow is bank holiday here so can't call msc or travel agent until Tuesday so was just wondering if kids sail free still applied.

You are better off getting on directly to MSC. Yes kids sail free or a nominal charge. We are on the Preziosa this month and the kids who are 7 & 9 went for 149 each.

Although its a Bank holiday here the MSC line will be opened as they are based out of the UK. This is their number 1800 932 499

i have just booked my first cruise on a msc splendida for 27 march from rome, i have done alot of research. i might be wrong but what it seems is if the prices drop, kids dont sail free. kids sail free offers are available on cruise where prices are normal. I was stalking this cruise for a couple of months when the price per adult was $849 and kids sail free. As soon as price dropped to $699, kid price is $150. I bought from travel agent and secured OBC as well.

My son and his family are based in Dubai and we cruised on MSC Orchestra last year from Dubai and have booked for MSC Fantasia in Dec again from Dubai. My twin grandsons (aged 12) travelled free on the cruise element and they were charged £265 in port fees. Obviously we did not have air fares to add on but had we been flying out from the UK or elsewhere air fares would have had to be added on. I think you will find that children do travel free but port taxes and air fares have to be paid but they are exempt from service charges under the age of 14 but will pay service charges of around Euros 3 per night on Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Canary Island and United Arab Emirates cruises and between $3 and $6 per night on other cruise destinations. I have taken this information from a table showing service charges in my UK Edition of the brochure (page 157)

To be completely sure I do suggest contacting your TA or MSC direct.

Suzanne

I went back through the hard copy of the 2016/17 MSC UK brochure I have at home and according to the brochure most kids are no longer free !

Cruise only price less £150 Adults/Kids ... Infants 0-2 travel Free.

Magnifica, Fly Cruise 12 days/11 nights Western Med

3rd/4th Berth Infant 0-2 £100

3rd/4th Berth 2-12 £449

3rd/4th Berth 13-17 £699

Service charges -:

under 2 No charge

2 and over 4.50 Euros daily

13 and over inc Adults 9 Euros.

I went back through the hard copy of the 2016/17 MSC UK brochure I have at home and according to the brochure most kids are no longer free !

Cruise only price less £150 Adults/Kids ... Infants 0-2 travel Free.

Magnifica, Fly Cruise 12 days/11 nights Western Med

3rd/4th Berth Infant 0-2 £100

3rd/4th Berth 2-12 £449

3rd/4th Berth 13-17 £699

Service charges -:

under 2 No charge

2 and over 4.50 Euros daily

13 and over inc Adults 9 Euros.

I was probably looking at an outdated brochure but the twin grandsons are definitely only being charged £265 each on our Dubai cruise around the Emirates in December (but as I said previously we have no air fare to add in). Admittedly we did book way in advance and got the drinks package included free. Could it be that UAE cruises have different prices? Anyway thank you for clarifying situation as per the latest 2016/7 brochure.

Good Luck with your cruise plans for the future

Suzanne