Interior room on Magic with family

sunset785

Hi all. Next month we will be on the Carnival Magic with my two young kids who are 2 and 4. We are in an interior room with no sofa but with a Pullman bed... I'm just not sure my 4 yr old will sleep up there. Is there anyway we would ask for a cot or something similar for him to sleep on. The thought of 4 of us in a bed scares me with all the kicking my kids do in their sleep :-) thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry, but no options for bringing in an extra bed on the floor for this ship. That's only allowed on the older ships. You could try to pull the mattress off the upper and put it on the floor, if there's room for that. Those interiors are very tiny. If there's room, there would only be room for 1.

If the cost isn't too much, I would recommend moving up to an oceanview room. Those use the sofabed for the 3rd & an upper for the 4th. And those have so much space, that the upper's mattress could be put on the floor, so that nobody is climbing up to an upper bunk.

The OV would be nice (220 sq ft) BUT with 4 people it may be a $500 upgrade. BTW what extra half bath? We book OV often and never had one. The interior cabins (4A) are not tiny, 185 sq ft. Most kids would be excited to sleep in a top bunk (like the sailors do) Stop worrying.

The solution to this problem is simple. You and your husband take the upper berths and let the kids sleep in the lower ones. Have the room split so that the lower bed is twin beds and this will work just fine and maximizes the floor space.

We first cruised when my youngest was 2 (and still in a crib at home) and he ended up sleeping between us and there was plenty of room. Or I'd do like someone else suggested and the adults sleep in the uppers and the kids in the lower beds. Or dad and the older in the uppers and mom and the 2 year old lower.

Room is 185 sq ft so really that's not bad considering the four of us were in a room on the Enchantment last year that was 145 sq ft with a pack n play. Upgrading to OV is not an option right now. It's $800 more than when I booked last year.

I wouldn't put a 4 year old in one of the pullman beds. There are rails, but the ones we've used still have a gap in the middle. At 4, many kids still move around a lot at night.

One of my kids fell out of bed on our last cruise, it was a bottom bunk without rails, but he was 9!

I think your best bet is just to move the mattress to the floor.

Hi all. Next month we will be on the Carnival Magic with my two young kids who are 2 and 4. We are in an interior room with no sofa but with a Pullman bed... I'm just not sure my 4 yr old will sleep up there. Is there anyway we would ask for a cot or something similar for him to sleep on. The thought of 4 of us in a bed scares me with all the kicking my kids do in their sleep :-) thanks!

Maybe, just maybe, you should see if there are any adjacent interior cabins, each for 2 (connecting would be even better).

Our last cruise on the magic it was cheaper to get two cabins that slept 2 than a single cabin that slept 4.

Room is 185 sq ft so really that's not bad considering the four of us were in a room on the Enchantment last year that was 145 sq ft with a pack n play. Upgrading to OV is not an option right now. It's $800 more than when I booked last year.

Just to give you a heads up, I have measured multiple different types of rooms on several Carnival ships. Many people snicker about me bringing a tape measurer on board to measure, but I just found it impossible to believe that those interiors were actually 185. I came to find out, they were not even close. I measured them to be 150 exactly, so only barely larger than what you had on Enchantment (unless they also fudge their numbers upwards). Balcony rooms (listed as 185 on Carnival), I measured to be 185 exactly. Deluxe oceanview rooms (listed at 230 on the Magic), I measured to be 230 exactly (on the Dream-sister ship). It seems that it's mostly the interiors that Carnival fudges upwards. $800 extra for an OV is insanely steep though. I would just find a way to make it work with a crib or unique sleeping options. Separating the lower beds does open up more floor space, in the middle of the room.

Maybe, just maybe, you should see if there are any adjacent interior cabins, each for 2 (connecting would be even better).

Our last cruise on the magic it was cheaper to get two cabins that slept 2 than a single cabin that slept 4.

I wish that was an option now! I booked last August for July 2016 and prices are insane now.

Just to give you a heads up, I have measured multiple different types of rooms on several Carnival ships. Many people snicker about me bringing a tape measurer on board to measure, but I just found it impossible to believe that those interiors were actually 185. I came to find out, they were not even close. I measured them to be 150 exactly, so only barely larger than what you had on Enchantment (unless they also fudge their numbers upwards). Balcony rooms (listed as 185 on Carnival), I measured to be 185 exactly. Deluxe oceanview rooms (listed at 230 on the Magic), I measured to be 230 exactly (on the Dream-sister ship). It seems that it's mostly the interiors that Carnival fudges upwards. $800 extra for an OV is insanely steep though. I would just find a way to make it work with a crib or unique sleeping options. Separating the lower beds does open up more floor space, in the middle of the room.

Wow that is interesting! I will have to compare for sure!

A 4 year old should LOVE an upper! It's an ADVENTURE! Lordy!

Of course, because ALL 4-yr.-olds are exactly the same, and what an ADVENTURE it would be to have the 4-yr-old fall out of the upper and possibly him/herself and possibly the person below if pullman is over the main bed. I'm sure everyone would LOVE that adventure, for sure. LORDY! (Do people really say Lordy?):rolleyes::confused:

They will bring you a crib if that helps at all...... Tell them to add it to your booking now under special instructions. No extra cost.

I tried that for my DD, who turns two just a week and a half before we sail and I'm not sure if she will be in a "big girl bed" yet. They couldn't do it in the system because she's not an infant, but said there are plenty of cribs on board and that our steward can arrange one the first day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I thought I remember reading that a child had to be a certain age to sleep in a Pullman. 6 maybe? I could be totally wrong though. You could always put a parent in the Pullman and the child in the lower bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app