Getaway or Escape for West Caribbean Oct 2017

OzRoo77

Hi,

We are researching our first cruise and are comparing NCL Getaway and Escape for the 7 night west Caribbean cruise in Oct 2017 departing from Miami. Our 2 daughters will be 2yrs 5 months and 4yrs 5 months at that time. We are looking at mini suite rooms: family versus mid ship vs large balcony (seems to be on front so bit wary of feeling the ships' roll).

I have read the threads about the large balconies only having showers and smaller bathrooms. We'd prefer a larger bathroom preferably with a tub, and also a sofa bed and pullman bed, rather than sofa bed and playpen (would be cruel to put the 2y5m in a pack and play). So mini suite mid ship vs family suite then? The mini descriptions of the rooms differ between the type of mini suite and between different room numbers, and the floor plans all look the same. Very confusing

Advice gratefully received on;

Location of splash academy relocation on Escape to a lower deck,

mid ship suite versus front suites on both ships on floor above the theatre - is it noisy at night at all?

Thanks!

Just got off Getaway this morning. We had the mini suite midship. The large bathroom was very nice but that is all that is larger about it. We had 3 in our cabin and it was not too cramped but with a family of 4 I would much rather have a larger cabin. We will be looking at suites for the next cruise may even splurge and get a Haven.

I think that I just posted to the same question in another thread,,,,

One thing to consider is that the Escape is the only ship with child care for children under the age of 3. On the Getaway, your 2 year old will be with you for the entire cruise. On the Escape, you have the option of checking your 2 year into their Guppies program. Your 4 year old can participate in the youth program on either ship. It's a good way of getting a few minutes of "me time" while on the cruise.

The UBP does not include specialty coffees. Hubby can get that morning espresso, but will have to pay retail for it.

Work with NCL to get a family minisuite with a bathtub.