Divina Spa Services

bizeemomma

I am looking for information/reviews on the Divina's Spa services.

What services/amenities access are specifically included in the Thermal Spa pass? I can find all sorts of vague info, but nothing specific.

Is it cheapest to buy a Thermal Spa Pass pre-cruise, or on embarkation day?

And what about the Teen Package - anyone have a review?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Bizzee,

I would HIGHLY recommend you wait to purchase the thermal spa pass. Unlike other ships, the thermal spa on the Divina is quite limited. No pool, no heated loungers, no scented rain showers. You are paying to use the sauna and steam room only. The 'relaxation' area is an small area with 6 lounge chairs in it. All guests can use the spa 'bar' (which is also a quiet area) where they sell the healthy smoothies free of charge. Don't get me wrong, the spa is beautiful and seems peaceful, but I would not recommend a weekly rate until you see it. Of course, if you already know you love sauna's and steam baths that is another story.

The massage therapists are from Bali. That's usually a very good sign. I did not use them on my last trip, so I can't speak to anything else.

Thanks for the pic. Glad I asked - I hate steam and sauna rooms. Was thinking more along the lines of a heated lounger, rainforest shower, etc. A whole slew of people competing for 6 loungers does not sound like it's worth paying for. I'll wait for sure.

I do think my teenager would like the teen spa package, though... So if anyone has experience there, it'd be helpful.

Edited by bizeemomma

The spa prices on port days were amazing! Massages were around $60 for an hour. You cannot beat that anywhere. The services I took were OK.. certainly worth the low prices. There didn't seem to be any need to book in advance. I would show up and ask for an appointment (on port days) and was always given one an hour or two later.

Hi Bizzee,

I would HIGHLY recommend you wait to purchase the thermal spa pass. Unlike other ships, the thermal spa on the Divina is quite limited. No pool, no heated loungers, no scented rain showers. You are paying to use the sauna and steam room only. The 'relaxation' area is an small area with 6 lounge chairs in it. All guests can use the spa 'bar' (which is also a quiet area) where they sell the healthy smoothies free of charge. Don't get me wrong, the spa is beautiful and seems peaceful, but I would not recommend a weekly rate until you see it. Of course, if you already know you love sauna's and steam baths that is another story.

The massage therapists are from Bali. That's usually a very good sign. I did not use them on my last trip, so I can't speak to anything else.

Not sure I understand your comment. Who includes "all guests?" The entire ship or just the YC? And how do they sell healthy smoothies for free?

we were on the May 21 cruise 2 facials were 50% off during the port day for a total of $102.34 that's with gratuities, the facials were awesome:) could have done another massage but ran out of on board credit.

Not sure I understand your comment. Who includes "all guests?" The entire ship or just the YC? And how do they sell healthy smoothies for free?

I just reread my post and it is ridiculously confusing. Sorry. Here is what I should have said: All guests (everyone, not just YC) can enter the spa and sit in the spa bar. You do not have to purchase anything to just hang out in the spa bar and it is somewhat peaceful there. The spa bar area is where you can purchase healthy smoothies.

Only guests who have paid for spa services (and all YC guests) have full access to the 'thermal' area that includes sauna, steam, and 6 chaise loungers.

On my sailing there was not one spa service advertised on special during port days. Did those of you who found specials enter the spa and inquire (as opposed to noticing it posted somewhere)??

TY :)

I just reread my post and it is ridiculously confusing. Sorry. Here is what I should have said: All guests (everyone, not just YC) can enter the spa and sit in the spa bar. You do not have to purchase anything to just hang out in the spa bar and it is somewhat peaceful there. The spa bar area is where you can purchase healthy smoothies.

Only guests who have paid for spa services (and all YC guests) have full access to the 'thermal' area that includes sauna, steam, and 6 chaise loungers.

On my sailing there was not one spa service advertised on special during port days. Did those of you who found specials enter the spa and inquire (as opposed to noticing it posted somewhere)??

TY :)

the specials were in the dailies small piece of paper showing 50% off.

I have pre booked and gotten a great deal on combined therapies and I have also booked on the ship taking advantage of the daily specials. Love the spa and the fact the don't pressure you to buy products.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

We cruised on Splendida recently and I pre purchased the teen package for my 15 year old daughter.

She had the choice of a facial or massage and chose facial. Access to the spa all week was included. As she was 15 they asked that she was accompanied throughout the treatment. The ladies were so friendly and good with her, putting her nerves at ease. Later in the week she had a massage for half price from the daily room paper. She even took the paper to the spa herself and booked it for the following morning.

We pre purchased a massage and found it amazing.

Most late afternoons we used the spa to change for a swim and jacuzzi just outside the spa, then steam room followed by an hour relaxing looking at the sea or port. I don't usually like the heat but the steam room was ok. Only once did we not have 3 chairs free and went back for more jacuzzi time instead. Then used the showers that were massive and powerful and the ladies got ready for dinner without competing for the bathroom and mirror.

We all went in the same steam room together so don't think it is separate and certainly not enforced. If you take the white spa towels out to the pool, see how quickly a waiter appears! Normally before you sit down think they are only used in the spa and yacht club.