First time MSC/Divina Cabin Help

BethV114

We are looking at booking MSC Divina this week. This will be our first MSC cruise, so I am looking for a bit of help with the cabin selection. We would like to book two Aurea balconies, either next door to each other or near each other (two families of three traveling together).

The MSC website shows cabins available on decks 12 and 13. I am thinking we should book on deck 12 so that we are above and below another deck of cabins and do not have to worry too much about noise. Beyond that, though, I'm clueless. Are there are any Aurea balconies on deck 12 that are preferable or any that should be avoided (for example because they have obstructed views or are in a noisy area)? We have typically sailed on the port side in the past and my friend who will be sailing in the second cabin tends a bit toward motion sickness (although we are hoping that having a balcony and ready access to fresh air on this trip will help with that a bit!).

Thanks for your help!

We are looking at booking MSC Divina this week. This will be our first MSC cruise, so I am looking for a bit of help with the cabin selection. We would like to book two Aurea balconies, either next door to each other or near each other (two families of three traveling together).

Beth - I found loads of helpful cabin information at these links - Good luck! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2154692

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224649

Edited by catsmit
adding additional link

The cabins forward of 12015/16 will have steel hull balconies. Other than that, they should all be good. Deck 13 balconies are under the spa area, and the only two I might avoid would be the forward most two on port side, which are under the gym area. But most of the space under the gym area is senior crew cabins. EM

Edited by Essiesmom