Carnival Suites

baflagg

Morning all,

We have been loyal NCL cruisers the past few years but are considering a trip on the Pride next summer and just had a question about their suites. Looking on the Carnival website it looks to me like the only real benefit to a suite is priority check in/check out. Is that it or am I missing something? Yes I realize the rooms & balconies will be bigger than a regular room but is there anything that would make spending the additional money worth it other than the priority on/off?

Having been in both suite & non-suite rooms on NCL ships it is not a deciding factor in our decision when booking.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Edited by baflagg

We do not book suites on Carnival for "perks".

We used to book balconies but tried a suite for a Caribbean cruise last October and were hooked on it!!

We love the real bathroom instead of a skinny box with a toilet! We love having the dressing area. We love having 2 sinks. We love the big jacuzzi tub!

We love the larger balcony with lounger.

I think you get the picture.

OF course up to you how you spend your money!!

We are cruising the Pride in August. It was a $600 difference (we're taking our teenage daughter) between balcony and Ocean Suite. The space and full size bathtub made the decision for us. Perks weren't even a consideration.

Edited by billvabeach

Thanks for the quick replies, really appreciate it.

I guess when I'm talking perks I'm talking about adds in that you would normally pay extra for. For example with NCL booking a suite gets you a drink package or specialty dining for 2, shore excursion credit, etc...

Morning all,

We have been loyal NCL cruisers the past few years but are considering a trip on the Pride next summer and just had a question about their suites. Looking on the Carnival website it looks to me like the only real benefit to a suite is priority check in/check out. Is that it or am I missing something? Yes I realize the rooms & balconies will be bigger than a regular room but is there anything that would make spending the additional money worth it other than the priority on/off?

Having been in both suite & non-suite rooms on NCL ships it is not a deciding factor in our decision when booking.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Yup, and even that is worthless if you are VIP. So all its worth is a tub, some fake wood and smaller light bulbs that you can dim.

I understand what you are talking about but what I am saying is that I don't care about any of those "perks".

I have not compared prices of suites on NCL but I do know that my one cruise on that line made me decide not to go back to it again! Everyone cruises differently and I didn't like the fact that the only decent restaurants were the specialty ones on NCL so not interested in their perks or whatever!

Thanks for the quick replies, really appreciate it.

I guess when I'm talking perks I'm talking about adds in that you would normally pay extra for. For example with NCL booking a suite gets you a drink package or specialty dining for 2, shore excursion credit, etc...

Carnival normally doesn't add those type of "perks" for any category of cabin. Those are all pay-as-you-choose items. You will occasionally see a special with OBC, but that is available for all cabin types, not just suites.

This is what you get:

• Priority embarkation and debarkation
  • Guaranteed dining time choice