MSC Black--free birthday cake?

xxHadleyxx

As status match members we are black--one of the perks listed is a free birthday cake. Nothing is said about how to arrange for it though.

Both of my (adult) kids will have birthdays on our December sailing. Do I need to call ahead to arrange this, or talk to someone when we board, etc?

If anyone here has any experience with this I'd love to hear anything you have to say. Thanks.

It's not a huge deal (we'll have more than enough to eat anyway), but I sort of like to make a fuss in any way I can since their birthdays can be so easily overshadowed being Christmas week---so if we could that little perk (both times) it would be awesome.

My birthday occurred onboard, and they provided a free full size two layer cake. White cake with white icing, lots of icing between the layers, and coconut around the sides. (I loathe coconut). We shared it with the rest of the table of six, and the table next to us. EM

We had an anniversary and the next night my wife celebrated her birthday. We received a very nice looking cake both nights and we very much appreciated the gesture. I had advised the MSC booking agent of the two events when I made the reservations. As I spoke to no one about it on the ship, I was impressed that the word sifted down.

Edited by BosoxI