Glory 7447 Aft Balcony question?

My DW and I will be sailing on the Glory in November and have greatly enjoyed having balcony cabins on several past cruises. I was able to book an Aft View Extended Balcony cabin 7447. My DW loves sitting on the balcony to read a book and trying to find more info on cruisers experiences

I have only found older posts but nothing current. Has any one had this cabin before or similar on that deck recently?

Read that these cabins can be very hot because of the balcony being exposed to lots of sun. Has anyone experience that issue? Is it always in full sun or is part in the shade?

Also read something about garbage showing up on their balcony. Any one experience that problem?

What about noise?

What about smoking smells? - heard Carnival doesn't allow it on balconies anymore.

Any info you all could provide is appreciated

It can be hot as there is very little/no breeze back there. As far as sunlight it depends where the ship is in relation to the sun, but there is very little overhang to provide shade. That being said, I prefer the aft extendeds(next to the aft wraps). Look at 8450 or 8457, right under Lido, but the balcony is a little bigger. Not much, but every little bit helps

We had 7447 on the Freedom.. Although it is not the same ship it may be similar.

We found our room to be rather small. No couch and a small chair. Definitely different than what the website pics advertise.

Ambient noise was non-existent throughout the week. No hall noise, no neighbor noise. YMMV. We did get awakened each port morning by the vibrations from the props. Definitely shook us pretty good.

There was "stuff" on the balcony, but not guest trash. I'm gathering it was from the smoke stacks. They did hose down the balcony every day or two.

As mentioned above, it could be hot due to the reduced breeze and also the angle of travel and the angle of the sun.

My DW and I will be sailing on the Glory in November and have greatly enjoyed having balcony cabins on several past cruises. I was able to book an Aft View Extended Balcony cabin 7447. My DW loves sitting on the balcony to read a book and trying to find more info on cruisers experiences

I have only found older posts but nothing current. Has any one had this cabin before or similar on that deck recently?

Read that these cabins can be very hot because of the balcony being exposed to lots of sun. Has anyone experience that issue? Is it always in full sun or is part in the shade?

Also read something about garbage showing up on their balcony. Any one experience that problem?

What about noise?

What about smoking smells? - heard Carnival doesn't allow it on balconies anymore.

Any info you all could provide is appreciated

I was in 7451 in November and loved it. There was no noise and no garbage. We had one lounger and one chair and a small table. There was plenty of room for a second lounger. I am not a sun worshipper and at most times of the day had no problem finding shade. Of course that is very dependent on the direction the ship is traveling! Did not ever smell smoke.

Thank you all:):)

Since there is just two of us the size not an issue. I like the idea of trying something new. Saw something about some people don't like the feeling of facing opposite way the ship is moving. I know my DW never like facing the opposite way on trains or buses. Did any of you feel the difference?

We were in 7446 a few months ago. The room was the standard Carnival size and we had no problem with 3 of us in the cabin or on the balcony. There were two chairs, a small table and a lounger on the balcony.

It was a great spot to relax as there was very little noise. There is no shade if the sun is shining directly on the rear of the ship. As others have stated, the views are incredible.

Thanks again - Plan on keeping the aft cabin even though it Looks smaller on the inside

Curious - do you always need to ask for the lounge chair no the balcony or is it always their when you get on board?

Looking forward to our first aft cabin

Thanks again - Plan on keeping the aft cabin even though it Looks smaller on the inside

Curious - do you always need to ask for the lounge chair no the balcony or is it always their when you get on board?

Looking forward to our first aft cabin

We didn't ask for it, it was there.

The cabin we had was the same size as other cabins we have had on CCL ships.