Airline opinions

manlie

I was wondering if anyone has opinions on Alitalia vs Aegean? It is for a short fight between Rome and Athens, leaving at almost the same time. Alitalia is about $100 less expensive for the 4 of us but my inlaws have flown Aegean and are unsure about trying a new airline. Does anyone have opinions on one vs the other?

Thanks!

We are confused. Alitalia is over 65 years old and has been the defacto italian Airline for most of my life (and I am a senior). Aegean is the largest Greek Airline and has been around for nearly thirty years. So not sure what you mean when you say "new" airline. We would fly whoever has the best schedule and price (including the cost of luggage). Some might hesitate to book Aegean because they do not fly to the USA (not sure if this really matters) but they are a respected carrier throughout Europe and are member of the Star Alliance (so you can use or get miles if in that group).

Personally, we have flown Alitalia and had no complaints other then it was just one more typical airline that sucked :).

Hank

Sorry, 'new' as in they have flown Aegean before and liked it but when I suggested Alitalia because it was less expensive they are hesitant to try an airline they are unfamiliar with (many horrible reviews, but that is par for the course with airlines these days). Basically, if Alitalia is horrid I will have to hear about until the end of time :rolleyes:

What would make it so horrid that they are willing to pay (or be willing to let you pay) a premium of 50% or more for their "known" airline? It's a two hour flight, neither one is going to do much for you in that amount of time. A drink and a cookie.

On the other hand, what is the emotional cost to you if they are worried and uncomfortable before the flight, looking for things to find fault with during the flight, and recounting how right they were afterwards?