Shore Excursions - FEEDBACK NEEDED

jayjay10704

Going on NCL Breakaway on 11/27.

Need help figuring out what to do in each port.

Here are ideas I came up with.

Any feedback & suggestions are appreciated.

Things to do:

San Juan – Old San Juan Walking Tour & Senor Frogs

St. Thomas – Magen Bay Beach or Coral World Ocean Park

Tortolla – Smuggler's Cove Beach or Jost Van Dyke or The Baths (Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands)

St. Maarten – Maho Beach or Orient Beach

Martinique – ATV or Mt. Pelee

Barbados – Harrison's Cave & Carlisle Bay Beach or Jolly Roger Snorkeling and Pirate Cruise

St. Lucia – Marigot Bay or Soufriere Volcano & Sulphur Springs

St. Kitts – Reggae Beach or Pinney's Beach (Nevis) or ATV

i did Magens beach in st thomas and it was very nice. $8 pp each way in a taxi (van) and i believe that is the beach that charges $5 to get in. Bar on the beach and restaurant.

I didn't do smugglers cove but some people on the ship i was on did and they said it was one of the most beautiful beaches they had been too. They rented a car and said there were no taxis there waiting to take you back to the ship so you likely have to prearrange a ride back. They said there were a half a dozen people there only. very quiet. Showed me a video. Looked very nice

Going on NCL Breakaway on 11/27.

Need help figuring out what to do in each port.

Here are ideas I came up with.

Any feedback & suggestions are appreciated.

Things to do:

San Juan – Old San Juan Walking Tour & Senor Frogs haven't been so can't contribute

St. Thomas – Magen Bay Beach or Coral World Ocean Park haven't been to Magen's yet or Coral World, but things I CAN recommend is St Johns Sail and Snorkel Champagne Catamaran, great snorkeling. Turtle Cove Snorkeling Excursion is also excellent

Tortolla – Smuggler's Cove Beach or Jost Van Dyke or The Baths (Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands) I've been twice and both times did the Baths, a MUST if you haven't before - be sure to bring swim shoes as theres lots of climing on rocks to get there, but seriously one of my favorite ports and excursions - I did the excursion on my own instead of paying for the ships, just took the earliest ferry there and the ferry back. The second time I went, I paid someone who was taking a boat out there, with a group of people i was with, was 45.00 per person round trip

St. Maarten – Maho Beach or Orient Beach Maho Beach, for sure if you haven't gone - best time to get there is before noon, lots of big planes typically depart from there around 11-12

Martinique – ATV or Mt. Pelee haven't been so can't contribute

Barbados – Harrison's Cave & Carlisle Bay Beach or Jolly Roger Snorkeling and Pirate Cruise haven't been so can't contribute

St. Lucia – Marigot Bay or Soufriere Volcano & Sulphur Springs haven't been so can't contribute

St. Kitts – Reggae Beach or Pinney's Beach (Nevis) or ATV haven't been so can't contribute

:D hope my suggestions help

We did the island tour in St. Thomas the first time we went and it was fun! Don't miss the opportunity to go to the Top of the Mountain and have one of their famous banana daqauris! You can grab a tour off the ship right at the port for about $20 pp for a 2-3 hour tour. Magens Bay was our second trip destination and it was really a beautiful beach! In Tortola we did the NCL Land and Sea Excursion which was really interesting and picturesque. I reviewed San Juan in my blog- http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/06/spectacular-san-juan-puerto-rico.html

Would suggest leaving an hour for Paradise Point sky ride. Buy tickets the day of from NCL to save a couple of dollars. ST THOMAS

We vote for Baths if you haven't already done them. Part beach part adventure if you want. TORTOLA

Edited by Nola26

Wow, what a fabulous itinerary. Your choices sound good. My two favorite excursions in all our ports were both private. In Tortola, severe years ago we did Patouche catamaran tour. They personalize it to those on the boat. The all time favorite for our family was in St. Martin. It was Captain Bob Cass. They included snorkeling, Pinel Island, lunch on a beach, and Maho Beach by boat. The best information for your ports can be found on the ports of call boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks.

I've done the Eastern Caribbean already, so I'm pretty sure about those ports.

It's the Southern Caribbean ports I'm more interested in.

In Puerto Rico we did a Segway tour. It was a blast. St. Kitts is beautiful. We got off the ship and took a cab your of the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app