Forward PH on Pearl

Starflyr3

I just upgraded us from an OX to a forward PH on the Pearl (price was right...)

I upgraded to one of the middle deck 9 ones (9000)

I have heard that the 10th floor suites are larger, but the balconies are smaller?

It's just the 2 of us for once, so the size of the suite isnt a huge deal, I do like big balconies, though (loungers...)

good choice? or should I call back and go to deck 10?

Great choice!

We prefer the Deck 9 SEs. The Deck 10 center rooms (10000) are right under the bridge overhang which blocks the sun. But since you are under that bump out on the bridge, there is an equivalent bump out in the room (a little more space for a small table,,, eventhough you have a regular dining table too).

The deeper balcony give you options.

Sitting right up at the rail could get windy,,, a couple of feet back, the hull directs the wind right over your head. And the balcony walls at the rail are low, so you can chit chat with your neighbors. On the Deck 9 balconies, move back a few feet and you have a solid floor to ceiling wall.

If the extra space of a large bay window doesn't matter, the lower deck is fine. (That's where we book if it is available).

Good points above.

Also consider the sun exposure to the deck 10 outer fwd PHs compared to deck 9. The deck 10 ones don't have any overhang whatsoever (with the obvious exception of 10000 and 10500).

9000 is a great choice. I'm actually booked in that cabin coming up soon on the Jewel.

pearl-fwd-ph.jpg

Fwd PH 9000 Balcony on the Jewel. The pic is older, those loungers aren't like that anymore.

FEB2011CruiseVacation043-1.jpg

Edited by triptolemus

I am booked in this cabin in July. The reason that I selected this one instead of deck 10 is because it did have more of a overhang. With Alaska having a high chance of rain, we thought that if it is rainy, that we should still get a lot of use out of it where we might not on deck 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My parents had a Deck 10 penthouse (the far right one in the picture above) (we had an aft) in Alaska. We were passing chocolate back and forth with the people in the penthouse below. ;)

I think either would be fine. Both of the balconies seemed to be a good size.