Just got a small price reduction

Especially for NEWBIES:

It does not hurt to call CARNIVAL every so often to check on price reductions.

We are booked on EASTER WEK APRIL 8, 2017 CARNIVAL MIRACLE.

This sailing typically has no issues selling out, being SPRING BREAK.

Anyway, I just called and received a $5 per person price drop.

Is it huge...no

But when we book we always try to get best pricing, so another $20 off is a good thing.

Don't know if a sale is happening th9s week, or whatever, but maybe you might want to take a moment to see if your booking has decreased a bit.

Blessed sailings!!!

We booked the furthest out we've ever booked (17 months!) - we liked the price for the category we wanted, we liked the itinerary too.

Since we booked the price for our category (spa balcony) has steadily risen as is now more than $400 p/p higher. We are glad we booked when we did!

This is the first time I've seen rising prices like this.

Especially for NEWBIES:

It does not hurt to call CARNIVAL every so often to check on price reductions.

We are booked on EASTER WEK APRIL 8, 2017 CARNIVAL MIRACLE.

This sailing typically has no issues selling out, being SPRING BREAK.

Anyway, I just called and received a $5 per person price drop.

Is it huge...no

But when we book we always try to get best pricing, so another $20 off is a good thing.

Don't know if a sale is happening th9s week, or whatever, but maybe you might want to take a moment to see if your booking has decreased a bit.

Blessed sailings!!!

Great now you can go to McDonalds.

We booked in March for cruise in March of 2017 and I have gotten $90 per person in reductions already. I check at least once a day on the fare checker and it pays off!!!

We booked the furthest out we've ever booked (17 months!) - we liked the price for the category we wanted, we liked the itinerary too.

Since we booked the price for our category (spa balcony) has steadily risen as is now more than $400 p/p higher. We are glad we booked when we did!

This is the first time I've seen rising prices like this.

On the two cruises we've done, we've never seen the prices drop. For the first we booked the last cabin in the category, but it was still 9 months out. For the 2nd, we were in a standard balcony cabin and it was a year out, but the prices never touched what we booked for. Our next is still more than a year away and so far prices are stagnant, but I do check nearly daily.

Does this only apply to people who booked directly through carnival? we booked through a 3rd party because it got on free on-board credit, and the price was the same as booking through carnival. I *think* that at this point our cruise may have come down around $40pp, but i'm not 100% sure. I won't bother checking if fare reductions are only for people who booked directly with the cruise line.

Does this only apply to people who booked directly through carnival? we booked through a 3rd party because it got on free on-board credit, and the price was the same as booking through carnival. I *think* that at this point our cruise may have come down around $40pp, but i'm not 100% sure. I won't bother checking if fare reductions are only for people who booked directly with the cruise line.

All you have to do is contact your TA while the price reduction is active, and if you qualify, they will get you the price reduction. IF- it is not past final payment unless you are early saver. And if you have paid your full deposit. It gets confusing with the price reductions and all of the different programs but you should always ask. It may very well result in some extra $$ in your pocket through either a lower final payment or some OBC. :D

It is my experience that it is easier to get your price reductions when you book through a carnival TA because they can do it instantly over the phone without any forms to fill out. Another thing to remember when booking your stateroom if you want to take advantage of price reductions is to not get a stateroom that there is only a few of. For example: port hole rooms or picture window rooms In order for them to give you a price reduction, there has to be a stateroom available in your stateroom category. So as it gets closer to sail time it is less and less likely that there will be a stateroom available to match your category unless you book a popular category. For one cruise I booked the 2 unique port hole staterooms a year in advance not knowing that it would keep me from getting price several reductions since there was only two rooms like that on the whole ship.

It is my experience that it is easier to get your price reductions when you book through a carnival TA because they can do it instantly over the phone without any forms to fill out. Another thing to remember when booking your stateroom if you want to take advantage of price reductions is to not get a stateroom that there is only a few of. For example: port hole rooms or picture window rooms In order for them to give you a price reduction, there has to be a stateroom available in your stateroom category. So as it gets closer to sail time it is less and less likely that there will be a stateroom available to match your category unless you book a popular category. For one cruise I booked the 2 unique port hole staterooms a year in advance not knowing that it would keep me from getting price several reductions since there was only two rooms like that on the whole ship.

I use a TA and haven't had any problems getting reductions. I either call them, or fill out an online form. Nothing complicated.

I also take a pic of the new prices I am seeing.

So if you've already paid in full you're SOL?

If you booked Early Saver you have price protection and get the difference as OBC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by JLee1973

I am confused, I am booked military for two cruises next year. I submitted a price reduction form and was denied because I am not ES. Why? I could just cancel and rebook under the cheaper rate and could have sworn I was able to get the lower price before as long as it was before final payment date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On the two cruises we've done, we've never seen the prices drop. For the first we booked the last cabin in the category, but it was still 9 months out. For the 2nd, we were in a standard balcony cabin and it was a year out, but the prices never touched what we booked for. Our next is still more than a year away and so far prices are stagnant, but I do check nearly daily.

This is my 4th time using cruise fish, so "they" continuously price check on "my" behalf. Last year's cruise (Magic) dropped about $350 p/p and we were delighted as we were happy with our original pricing.

We know we still have many months out but this truly is the first time (in MANY sailings) our category hasn't had ANY drops since booking.