Just off The Legend - and Alaska

mexicobob

check out THE MOORE HOTEL close to the space needle and pike place market that was the only hotel we could afford for our POST 2 DAY STAY AND 6 PRE DAY STAY we will also be doing day trips in SEATTLE. August 16 is our cruise day

check out THE MOORE HOTEL close to the space needle and pike place market that was the only hotel we could afford for our POST 2 DAY STAY AND 6 PRE DAY STAY we will also be doing day trips in SEATTLE. August 16 is our cruise day

My mistake earlier we sail August 16th as well. I wanted to do the Moore but sister will not because there's air conditioning. Have to try and make everyone happy. I did think about Priceline, but have no experience with do I am a bit nervous. We are doing 3 days pre cruise but flying home when we leave the ship

Edited by crazycruzer68

I had the same reservations about the air condition but it seems like a large number of hotels are without air including airbnb condo. rentals. I checked the weather in Seattle for AUGUST low 70s to low 80s @ night mid to upper 50s if that don't work i have a back-up plan.

I had the same reservations about the air condition but it seems like a large number of hotels are without air including airbnb condo. rentals. I checked the weather in Seattle for AUGUST low 70s to low 80s @ night mid to upper 50s if that don't work i have a back-up plan.

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize not everywhere had air. Back for more research!

Elegant nights for us were day 2 and 5 (Wed and Sat) on the May 24th, Glacier Bay sailing. The first was a sea day. The second was Glacier Bay day.

I have all the Fun Times as PDFs ready to load. Now I need to figure out how to host them on the internet so I can post them to the site. My goal is to do seven posts, one for each day. Each post will have six pages to give the entire Fun Times.

When I get this done I'll post it on the Carnival page with a heading that clearly shows ship, date, itinerary.

Cell coverage

We had service in every port. It was 3G and very slow, but we could make calls. Texting pictures failed every time, though. I believe the coverage was through Verizon. We have Sprint but have free data/voice roaming inside U.S.

Elegant nights for us were day 2 and 5 (Wed and Sat) on the May 24th, Glacier Bay sailing. The first was a sea day. The second was Glacier Bay day.

I have all the Fun Times as PDFs ready to load. Now I need to figure out how to host them on the internet so I can post them to the site. My goal is to do seven posts, one for each day. Each post will have six pages to give the entire Fun Times.

When I get this done I'll post it on the Carnival page with a heading that clearly shows ship, date, itinerary.

Thanks so much, I know there are a lot of us waiting to see them.

La Nina weather system is almost here so Seattle may not have as hot of a summer that it has had the past 3. Very mild weather all year (not too hot, not too cold) so air conditioning is pretty rare in these parts. I wouldn't worry about it.

Inn at the Market has the best location. But please be careful. Seattle is a big city and the downtown area is not safe after dark.

I tried the Cruise critic board for west coast - Seattle, not too many comments. Part of our family may stay at a Comfort Inn by airport. It offers free shuttle from airport.

We are using points stay for our hotel- by airport-

Location more near downtown much higher price. Checkout tripadvisor.

Sea tac is airport area, Seattle,WA will get you downtown hotels. Plus There is always Priceline.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Southcenter in Tukwila, not far from SeaTac. Nice hotel, a couple of local restaurants that would deliver, and a shuttle that would take you to the light rail station to go downtown.

La Nina weather system is almost here so Seattle may not have as hot of a summer that it has had the past 3. Very mild weather all year (not too hot, not too cold) so air conditioning is pretty rare in these parts. I wouldn't worry about it.

Inn at the Market has the best location. But please be careful. Seattle is a big city and the downtown area is not safe after dark.

How much rain do you typically get in August?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was kind of wondering this, when I was young 1st Ave and Pike Place market...and especially Pioneer Square were very very dicey. I understand there has been some revitalization of the area in the last 35 years since I have been. What I am wondering..

I rented a 2 bed apt on Queen Anne hill for a couple days prior to our cruise. My friends are staying at the Motif. My plan is to walk down and meet them for the days activities and then Uber or bus it back. Will it be safe to walk in the day or early evening? (I don't want to walk back, I remember the hills in Seattle lol)

I was kind of wondering this, when I was young 1st Ave and Pike Place market...and especially Pioneer Square were very very dicey. I understand there has been some revitalization of the area in the last 35 years since I have been. What I am wondering..

I rented a 2 bed apt on Queen Anne hill for a couple days prior to our cruise. My friends are staying at the Motif. My plan is to walk down and meet them for the days activities and then Uber or bus it back. Will it be safe to walk in the day or early evening? (I don't want to walk back, I remember the hills in Seattle lol)

I completely defer to someone that lives in the Seattle area as knowing more than I do that spent three days there.

We roamed the area from Pike Place Market and up the hilll 7-8 blocks and a few blocks on either side. My radar for danger is extremely high and I never sensed any cause for concern. Maybe, the danger of being stampeded by the enormous crowds in the area.

We were not out late at night.

Cell coverage

We had service in every port. It was 3G and very slow, but we could make calls. Texting pictures failed every time, though. I believe the coverage was through Verizon. We have Sprint but have free data/voice roaming inside U.S.

Thanks for cell info. We have Verizon, and if need be can check voicemail or call senior aged parents.

As promised, the Fun Times from my trip in May have been posted in a new thread on this forum. Sorry for the delay. It took much testing/ trial and error.

As I've told others, this was easily our best cruise to date of ten between us. While the destination was a factor certainly all things came together to make it special. The crew and entertainment staff, the weather, the guests we met, our "put a smile on it" approach; these were all contributors. Suffice to say if you're taking this trip and if you plan on having fun and turning your back on negatives you'll have a dream trip!:):):):):)

On the Legend right now leaving Seattle.

My brother and his friend packed full bottles of in their suitcases, and were able to pass inspection.

So excited for you. Can you tell us what time you boarded (or think they started boarding?) we have Platinum but family new to cruising the FTTF option.

Second can you collect shopping maps- I have been researching shops with made in Alaska products, and Glacier Smoothie in Juneau seems to be a hit with Glacier silt soap- just wanted to know if available or see it in Skagway.

We are doing Tracy Fjord tour & Mendenhall hope something you experience to report on. Post more "love when in ports if can" thank you!

Hi there - I am confused! I think our documentation says that embarkation is from 1-4. But people can get on the ship earlier than that? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but we are newbies. Thanks for your help! Edited by gwenslibrary

This will sound like a crazy question but we will be travelling with a six year old when we do this cruise whose only experience is a Caribbean one - are you able to swim on board the boats or is it too cold? We'll have to prepare her for no swimming if she can't. She loves nature of all kinds so I am not worried about finding things to keep her occupied but just want to make sure she is full prepared in her expectations lol.

The pool on Lido midship (Deck 9) is completely covered. The whole center of the deck is a covered atrium with it closed. It's wonderful and temperature controlled. There are both a pool and hot tub.

See here:

27395801124_bc7c474b86_z.jpg