Using Custom Air

metwo

If I book a land and air portion of a Celebrity cruise using an online discount travel agent, can I get the custom air through celebrity? How does it work? Do I do a search and find the best itinterary and alert Celebrity? How is the custom air different from booking a cruise plus air?

Any good or bad experience with this?

If I book a land and air portion of a Celebrity cruise using an online discount travel agent, can I get the custom air through celebrity? How does it work? Do I do a search and find the best itinterary and alert Celebrity? How is the custom air different from booking a cruise plus air?

Any good or bad experience with this?

Usually you can get domestic air cheaper when you buy it yourself. However, for some itineraries there will be cruise air specials, especially one way air, that are less expensive through the cruiseline. Once we got in on a $99 special to Hawaii through Celebrity!!

You research your flights and find what suites you best. Then alert your TA of the flights you want Celebrity to book for you. Celebrity will NOT talk to you direct once you have booked through a TA. If the flight is doable (if Celebrity has a contract with the airline for bulk space) then Celebrity will tell the TA that it is confirmed. If there is an extra charge or if the airline you want to book is not one that Celebrity does business with your TA will be told and you can make a decision on whether you want to pay the extra fee or look for another airline/flight for Celebrity to book for you. After the flight is booked YOU call the airline to select your seats... do this ASAP to get the seats you prefer and to make sure all in your party are seated together.

We have used custom air for transatlantic cruises and the air was considerably cheaper through Celebrity than it was own our own. Celebrity air also includes transfers to and from the airport/ship, so factor that in when you are figuring pricing. All of our custom air has been on Delta, but it would probably depend on the itinerary as to which airlines they are using for your cruise.

Char, have a great trip to Hawaii!:)

Phil

Thanks Phil :D

Fortunatelly Wilma has stalled over Mexico and is not a threat to our flying out today. We were concerned a couple of days ago! We fly to San Diego today and board Infinity tomorrow! I'll let you know which shore excursions were rated as the best this time. :) You might want to look into some for your March cruise on Summit.

Aloha y'all :p

You have a ball on the Mercury, too !

If you use X custom air and go a few days early (London) and plan on spnding a few days in Dover before the crusie do you just loose the transfers( from London to Dover) and have to do them yourself?

Jeff

Last summer we did 2 days early into Barcelona and had done the hotel with X also; Celebrity picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel. It also included our transfers from the hotel to the ship 2 days later. Note: it was not custom air, however, I don't think I could have asked for a better itinerary into Europe:) . Coming home on the other hand....:(

Happy Sailing!

We recently booked a T.A./Baltic cruise next spring through our TA and priced out (on our own) airfare, and found that Celebrity offered a price substantially less. Our TA booked the air through X and we had the airline of our choice and have already choosen our seats...transfers are included on the return; Dover-London...so far extremely easy.

Karyn

Char, have a wonderful time. Do you fell like it's deja vu all over again? Here you go off on a cruise and a hurricane is heading for your home. Sounds like good planning. If you have to leave anyway, why not go on a cruise? How do you do that so far in advance?

If you take the air but not hotel package, I THINK you could either go out to the airport on day of departure or to the cruiseline's hotel and use the transportation. I saw one person do that in London two years ago.

Archived