Upgrading to cove balcony on the Breeze question

True Texan

My DH and I are currently booked in 9254 interior room on the Breeze for Sept 4 departure. We have always had balconys and we're trying to save money so booked an interior. Now we are having second thoughts. I called Carnival yesterday and the only cove available that is not under the galley is for for 4 people not 2 people and we would probably get bumped as ships out of Galvestion are always full. Question. Is the noise under the galley that bad.

I would like to know the answer to that as well. I can't say that noise has been a factor for me in other rooms. I've had cabins near stairways and elevators and it wasn't an issue for me. As for the interior cabin, we don't spend a great deal of time in the cabin except to sleep, so the interior is great for that. The only problem I had was that I couldn't tell what time of day it was. They're very

dark when the lights are out. I might chance the noise to try the cove though.

My DH and I are currently booked in 9254 interior room on the Breeze for Sept 4 departure. We have always had balconys and we're trying to save money so booked an interior. Now we are having second thoughts. I called Carnival yesterday and the only cove available that is not under the galley is for for 4 people not 2 people and we would probably get bumped as ships out of Galvestion are always full. Question. Is the noise under the galley that bad.

I actually cannot answer your question about the galley but loved my cove on the Breeze. :p

I would wonder about the galley only in relation to sleeping. Other than that I am up and about. If I am just sitting on the balcony late at night I don't think any noise would bother me. Other than the neighbors. :rolleyes:

I am an early riser, so breakfast/brunch prep is probably not an issue. And if it wakes me...well more time to enjoy stuff!! :)

Sleeping when the galley is closed..not an issue. I just don't think it would be an issue for me personally.

You only need to consider your sleep needs. A really late riser might be bothered. Everything else is just...(insert shoulder shrug)...a non issue.

I've only stayed in a cove under the shore excursions desk, but I loved it so much I would take a cove under the galley over an interior any day! Just being earplugs for sleeping. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I actually cannot answer your question about the galley but loved my cove on the Breeze. :p

I would wonder about the galley only in relation to sleeping. Other than that I am up and about. If I am just sitting on the balcony late at night I don't think any noise would bother me. Other than the neighbors. :rolleyes:

I am an early riser, so breakfast/brunch prep is probably not an issue. And if it wakes me...well more time to enjoy stuff!! :)

Sleeping when the galley is closed..not an issue. I just don't think it would be an issue for me personally.

You only need to consider your sleep needs. A really late riser might be bothered. Everything else is just...(insert shoulder shrug)...a non issue.

I guess you must be a really early riser. I have heard people complain about noise from the galley in the middle of the night. I would imagine you would have to be awake by 3 am to avoid any noise. From my Behind the Fun tour I understood that there is activity in the galley almost around the clock. It is not just prep and cooking, it is also dishwashing machines going. Really don't think it is a non issue for all cabins under the galley. Some can be quiet and others not. I have read of people complaining about the noise happening every night. Just depends on your cabin. So bring earplugs.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

I've only stayed in a cove under the shore excursions desk, but I loved it so much I would take a cove under the galley over an interior any day! Just being earplugs for sleeping. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It sounds like we will be in this same cabin in a few weeks. Is there shade on the balcony in the late afternoons?

I guess you must be a really early riser. I have heard people complain about noise from the galley in the middle of the night. I would imagine you would have to be awake by 3 am to avoid any noise. From my Behind the Fun tour I understood that there is activity in the galley almost around the clock. It is not just prep and cooking, it is also dishwashing machines going. Really don't think it is a non issue for all cabins under the galley. Some can be quiet and others not. I have read of people complaining about the noise happening every night. Just depends on your cabin. So bring earplugs.

And you must have read every other word in my post. :rolleyes:

It sounds like we will be in this same cabin in a few weeks. Is there shade on the balcony in the late afternoons?

Cove balconies are much more enclosed than "normal" ones...they are much more shaded :)

232323232%7Ffp4336%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A5%3A786%3B6326nu0mrj

Edited by RjayB
Fixed text

Personally, I would avoid being under the galley. Some rooms under the galley are fine, some are totally horrible. There are plenty of complaints from people, saying that there was loud noise above them at almost all hours, including the overnight. Some complaints will say that the noise stops around 3am for a few hours. It just depends on what is directly above you in that exact spot. You would need to hear a report from the exact room you're looking at to know for sure if it's okay.

Remember that the galley is not the dining room. The galley never closes, like the dining room does. The galley is the kitchen, where all the cooking & cleaning is being done. There is less for them to do during the overnight (although dishwashers will be busy), but they still have some work to do at all hours. I always like to be under the dining room, but never the galley.

We had 2800 on Breeze, under the galley. It sounded like someone was bowling on a metal bowling alley right above our heads all night. I don't know what it was but it really did sound like a rolling ball. A lot of clanking and clanging. I would say by the third night we got used to it and were able to sleep through most of it. My husband was stationed on an aircraft carrier and his sleeping area was right under the flight deck. I am just a sound sleeper. So I would say, if you are not a light sleeper, go for it!

Avoid it and stay with your inside.

Avoid it and stay with your inside.

You are not giving good advice in this situation. Please explain how an inside is better than a balcony?

Edited by RjayB