Taxi to Cockleshell

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

How much is a taxi to Cockleshell Beach? We plan on staying near the Spice Mill restaurant. Also, how much are chair rentals?

Thank you so much!

Spent a few hours there in 2013 and it was $7.00 per person, but we were in a cab (van) and had to wait until it was full, which is typical. Our driver then told us the charge for a cab to Cockleshell Beach is $28.00, but with four or more people, it's $7.00 per person. If that's all you wanted to do, then you should have no problem getting the $7.00 per person rate (each way) since that is a popular destination.

DH and I were there again last September and cost of cab to Cockleshell is still $28.00 for a cab, each way. We know this because we wanted to see the fortress this time too, in the morning, then head to Cockleshell Beach afterwards for a few hours. We were quoted a price for the whole tour and the Cockleshell portion would be $28.00, each way, for the cab ride. That would have been for both of us, not $28.00 per person. We opted for South Friars (Shipwreck Beach) this time since it was closer and much cheaper to get there. But that $28.00 for a cab to Cockleshell hasn't changed.

Spent a few hours there in 2013 and it was $7.00 per person, but we were in a cab (van) and had to wait until it was full, which is typical. Our driver then told us the charge for a cab to Cockleshell Beach is $28.00, but with four or more people, it's $7.00 per person. If that's all you wanted to do, then you should have no problem getting the $7.00 per person rate (each way) since that is a popular destination.

DH and I were there again last September and cost of cab to Cockleshell is still $28.00 for a cab, each way. We know this because we wanted to see the fortress this time too, in the morning, then head to Cockleshell Beach afterwards for a few hours. We were quoted a price for the whole tour and the Cockleshell portion would be $28.00, each way, for the cab ride. That would have been for both of us, not $28.00 per person. We opted for South Friars (Shipwreck Beach) this time since it was closer and much cheaper to get there. But that $28.00 for a cab to Cockleshell hasn't changed.

Okay, thank you! How much is a taxi to Shipwreck per person? After doing more research I think that I would like to go there instead. How much are chair rentals? Are there bathrooms?

Thanks In advance.

Okay, thank you! How much is a taxi to Shipwreck per person? After doing more research I think that I would like to go there instead. How much are chair rentals? Are there bathrooms?

Thanks In advance.

We were only charged $4.00, per person, each way, even though it was only two of us. I've seen others quote it at $16.00 per cab for less than four people, but maybe we got the $4.00 rate because we got the combined "tour" as a package deal since we went to Brimestone Fortress first. Attaching a link to the taxi rates in St. Kitts:

http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-nevis-taxi.html

On the chart, it just lists "Friars Bay". Shipwreck is on South Friars Bay (Caribbean side) and North Friars is the Atlantic side.

Shipwreck chair rentals: free (but we did order a few beers each as courtesy, even though they don't ask).

Bathrooms: Yes, there are bathrooms.