Is cost of insurance forfeited if cruise is cancelled?

Cruise was booked through a TA, RCI insurance was purchased, and TA required payment for insurance at the time the deposit was made. If this cruise is cancelled before the final payment date, will the cost of the insurance be refunded or forfeited?

Edited to add: If a name change is done before final payment, will the insurance transfer to that person?

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

I personally have never experienced this, but the way I understand trip insurance is once you pay for the insurance, you will not be reimbursed if you cancel the cruise.

However, I have added travel insurance to my trips and not had to pay it up front either. It just gets added to the cruise price and has to be paid with final payment.

Cruise was booked through a TA, RCI insurance was purchased, and TA required payment for insurance at the time the deposit was made. If this cruise is cancelled before the final payment date, will the cost of the insurance be refunded or forfeited?

Edited to add: If a name change is done before final payment, will the insurance transfer to that person?

I'd carefully read the Policy (available on the RCI site). The similar Carnival Policy used to have words to effect that if Cruise was cancelled (I believe up to Final Payment) the Policy premium was refundable (as long as no claim had been submitted). Ken

Thank you both, I will read it when I get home (falls into that awkward category of too long to read on iPhone and not something I want on my work computer history). Thought I might find somebody with recent experience with this.