Online checkin question.

Ok so we are cruising on harmony in 4 weeks time.

I have online checkin completed (I think) and set sail passes and luggage tags printed.

However when I log into my reservation it shows the status of online checkin as "in progress".

If I click into online checkin and come back out it shows as "ready to print".

I have gone through everything and all looks done but this is making me think I have missed something.

Am I correct in saying if my set sail pass is printed then I have completed everything I need to?

I guess I just need my mind put at rest!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi,

You may have to upload photographs of yourselves but it may be a little early to do that, if you have to do so you will get an e-mail from RCI asking you to complete on line check-in.

Where are you sailing from and what date?

Pete

Hi,

You may have to upload photographs of yourselves but it may be a little early to do that, if you have to do so you will get an e-mail from RCI asking you to complete on line check-in.

Where are you sailing from and what date?

Pete

Photographs already uploaded . We are sailing from Rome on 14th July.

Hi,

Never embarked from Rome but we have used the new style check in several times where they scan your set sail pass by iPad and it has always been very quick, less than 15 minutes from parking the car to getting on board the ship.

With the size of the ship they have to be efficient due to the amount of passengers so we have never seen queues waiting, in fact we have heard the check in staff asking if anyone is waiting.

From memory I think the same about the status of "ready to print" was the same for us, I had completed everything but it only changed when RCI had sent the e-mail about 2-3 weeks prior to sailing, you had to acknowledge the e-mail.

Not sailed on the Harmony yet but had a brilliant time when we sailed on the Allure. Enjoy your jollies.

Pete

Being a computer numptie how on earth can I upload photographs for checking in?

Do I have to get passport photographs done and somehow get these onto my computer?

Not sailed with RC before but if I knew about this photo thing before I booked I would have gone with someone else.

Do I have to get passport photographs done and somehow get these onto my computer?

Not sailed with RC before but if I knew about this photo thing before I booked I would have gone with someone else.

If you don't have a photo to upload it doesn't matter, they will simply take your photo at the port when you check in. It saves probably 10 seconds at the port by uploading it beforehand.

It really isn't a huge drama.

You can use a photograph of yourself from a smartphone, you don't have to get passport photographs.

If you don't have a photo to upload it doesn't matter, they will simply take your photo at the port when you check in. It saves probably 10 seconds at the port by uploading it beforehand.

It really isn't a huge drama.

Hi,

It does make it more efficient for everyone if you do upload your photo, even if it did take an extra 10 seconds to take a photo it would take an extra 14 hours of man time to do one for every passenger. I know that this is very unlikely to happen but it is very easy to upload a photo a little tip I have found is to make sure the photo you take is landscape instead of portrait as somehow it turns it by 90 degrees in portrait.

Pete

Hi,

It does make it more efficient for everyone if you do upload your photo, even if it did take an extra 10 seconds to take a photo it would take an extra 14 hours of man time to do one for every passenger. I know that this is very unlikely to happen but it is very easy to upload a photo a little tip I have found is to make sure the photo you take is landscape instead of portrait as somehow it turns it by 90 degrees in portrait.

Pete

The point I was making is not to stress about it. The person who commented said they didn't know how and were even wishing they had booked with another line because of it.

It's amazing, all the other ships in the fleet cope and ships coped before this was introduced and don't take 14 hours to check everyone in!! Perhaps my 10 seconds was a wild exaggeration, it's more like 2.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Hi,

Pete

Perhaps my 10 seconds was a wild exaggeration, it's more like 2...

The point I was making is not to stress about it. The person who commented said they didn't know how and were even wishing they had booked with another line because of it.

It's amazing, all the other ships in the fleet cope and ships coped before this was introduced and don't take 14 hours to check everyone in!! Perhaps my 10 seconds was a wild exaggeration, it's more like 2.

Hi Cruisingthesuitelife,

It does seem as though you are missing the point, uploading your photo does make the check in process much quicker, they use this for the larger ships in their fleet, on Harmony there are about 5500 passengers to check in so the process does have to be better than waiting in line for someone sat behind a computer to go through the process, take your photo, which if it can be done in 2 seconds is an incredible feat ( your initial estimate of 10 seconds is about right ) check your ID etc. If there were to use the old check in method for 5500 passengers they would need far more people to do it with many more computer terminals and the space to do it.

To explain in terms that you may understand, "14 hours of man time" doesn't mean it will take from 1030hrs to 0030hrs the next day to check people in the 14 hours of man time would be split between the people who are checking you in which would mean that there are queues or they would need extra manpower.

Ships that coped and still cope with the traditional style of check in are the smaller ones, I would dread to think how long it would take to check in if the Quantum and Oasis class of ship.

Unfortunately some people are dinosaurs and don't accept new methods, those, unfortunately will never be happy so maybe booking with another line is the correct choice for them.

Pete

If you have printed your setsail pass then you are checked in and ready to go.

Enjoy Harmony! :-)

Thank you.

I think I knew this - just needed someone else to tell me!!

I fully intend to enjoy harmony!

I did online check in today, printed sea pass but I didn't see anywhere asking to upload a pic . Did I miss something ? Sailing In 5 days from Rome .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Which ship are you on?

The photograph upload is only for quantum and oasis class at the moment.

Which ship are you on?

The photograph upload is only for quantum and oasis class at the moment.

Thanks ! I am on the jewel so no pic during online check in I guess [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app