Ecstasy elegant night

davisbaby

No, I usually wear some Khaki pants. But if Jeans are allowed I have no problem with people wearing them. It's fine by me. It is ALLOWED, so no one is pushing any envelopes.

And I don't do Lido dining for dinner. Just not interested. I try to go to the MDR as much as possible; breakfast/brunch/lunch/teatime when it is open. I enjoy the MDR. I am not bothered if people do things within the dress code. Heck, I'm not really bothered if they don't either. I do wear shorts on casual night, but not gym type shorts.

Well on the Carnival website, it explicitly states that for ELEGANT night, Jeans are NOT allowed....that is the reason the attendant gave to this person

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Well on the Carnival website, it explicitly states that for ELEGANT night, Jeans are NOT allowed....that is the reason the attendant gave to this person

So if that's what the website says how was I able to just post a half dozen Funtimes from various ships this year that contradict the website?

I'd have challenged the attendant and shown the Funtimes.

Do you still have a copy of yours as reference? I've offered up that it is possible some ships have leeway to have the policy one way or the other, but it seems fairly consistent over the past 6 months that Jeans are allowed. I certainly hope you didn't tell another guest to go to the Lido...

So if that's what the website says how was I able to just post a half dozen Funtimes from various ships this year that contradict the website?

I'd have challenged the attendant and shown the Funtimes.

Do you still have a copy of yours as reference? I've offered up that it is possible some ships have leeway to have the policy one way or the other, but it seems fairly consistent over the past 6 months that Jeans are allowed. I certainly hope you didn't tell another guest to go to the Lido...

If they didn't want to change out of Jeans (at least on the ship I was just on) and they were hungry, I would be more than happy to suggest the Lido deck. Then again, if you are dense enough to wear Jeans during ELEGANT night, they may have an issue even finding the Lido deck, so I possibly assume to much :D

Edited by First and Ten

If they didn't want to change out of Jeans (at least on the ship I was just on) and they were hungry, I would be more than happy to suggest the Lido deck. Then again, if you are dense enough to wear Jeans during ELEGANT night, they may have an issue even finding the Lido deck, so I possibly assume to much :D

I will bet dollars to donuts your Funtimes did not prohibit jeans. Did you bother to read all the examples posted here?

I will bet dollars to donuts your Funtimes did not prohibit jeans. Did you bother to read all the examples posted here?

I will bet dollars to donuts the website does....prior to boarding, you should know that jeans are not allowed in the MDR on Elegant night

Edited by First and Ten

I will bet dollars to donuts the website does....prior to boarding, you should know that jeans are not allowed in the MDR on Elegant night

Website doesn't matter. not everyone has web access. only counts what is in Funtimes. It is allowed. You just have to accept the reality. No one was turned away on elegant night for jeans. Maybe someone was turned away, but it was a different reason than you state.

Website doesn't matter. not everyone has web access. only counts what is in Funtimes. It is allowed. You just have to accept the reality. No one was turned away on elegant night for jeans. Maybe someone was turned away, but it was a different reason than you state.

I didn't realize that Funtimes was the end all be all....is this the world according to Maxwell, or just because you are cherry picking your facts? We are walking into the dining room and stopped because this gentleman and his wife (I assume it was his wife) were standing there, I couldn't get around them as the aisle was blocked and the waitstaff said "I am sorry sir, you will have to change your pants"....so yes, he WAS turned away for wearing jeans. You really want to continue arguing what happened on a ship you weren't on? :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

I didn't realize that Funtimes was the end all be all....is this the world according to Maxwell, or just because you are cherry picking your facts? We are walking into the dining room and stopped because this gentleman and his wife (I assume it was his wife) were standing there, I couldn't get around them as the aisle was blocked and the waitstaff said "I am sorry sir, you will have to change your pants"....so yes, he WAS turned away for wearing jeans. You really want to continue arguing what happened on a ship you weren't on? :rolleyes:

Someone should have shown them the Funtimes. The attendant was dead wrong.

Someone should have shown them the Funtimes. The attendant was dead wrong.

Nope....people need to conform to the rules set forth....Carnival said no jeans on Elegant night....don't like it, there is the Lido or room service....no problem hanging there in jeans and a tacky Tommy Bahama shirt

Edited by First and Ten

Nope....people need to conform to the rules set forth....Carnival said no jeans on Elegant night....don't like it, there is the Lido or room service....no problem hanging there in jeans and a tacky Tommy Bahama shirt

Jeans are allowed on Elegant night.

Did you see any of the examples I posted?

Basically, you made up a story and got caught and called out but you stick to your script no matter what. You refuse to acknowledge contradictory evidence that doesn't fit your agenda, and can produce no proof of your own that somehow your Funtimes was different. If you can show any evidence that it was different I'm open minded to consider it.

Edited by LMaxwell

Jeans are allowed on Elegant night.

Did you see any of the examples I posted?

Basically, you made up a story and got caught and called out but you stick to your script no matter what.

Did you see the website....Jeans are not allowed in the MDR during elegant night....I applaud the waitstaff for doing their jobs on my cruise

Edited by First and Ten

Did you see the website....Jeans are not allowed in the MDR during elegant night....I applaud the waitstaff for doing their jobs on my cruise

Yes the website doesn't match what is published on the ship.

You applaud people doing the wrong thing? They did their jobs wrong even though you liked the outcome.

Again, you dodged the same question numerous times. I guess you scrolled past all the evidence. There's really no talking to some people who refuse to come off their agenda...

Edited by LMaxwell

Yes the website doesn't match what is published on the ship.

You applaud people doing the wrong thing? They did their jobs wrong even though you liked the outcome.

Again, you dodged the same question numerous times. I guess you scrolled past all the evidence. There's really no talking to some people who refuse to come off their agenda...

I didn't dodge any question....the website says no jeans in the MDR on elegant night....cold hard fact....I applaud people doing their jobs....looking around in the dining room that night, everyone I saw was dressed appropriately for the theme of the evening. I can only assume the jeans/shorts crowd skipped dinner, ate on the Lido or ordered room service

Edited by First and Ten

I didn't dodge any question....the website says no jeans in the MDR on elegant night....cold hard fact....I applaud people doing their jobs....looking around in the dining room that night, everyone I saw was dressed appropriately for the theme of the evening. I can only assume the jeans/shorts crowd skipped dinner, ate on the Lido or ordered room service

I asked if you read any of the funtimes posted here from cruises this year. You didn't respond except to say you read the website.

You know what is said about assumptions...

I asked if you read any of the funtimes posted here from cruises this year. You didn't respond except to say you read the website.

You know what is said about assumptions...

It is you who are assuming they are allowed because you somehow want them allowed. I pointed out to you, rules in black and white, that jeans are NOT allowed in the MDR during elegant night. Just because you don't like that rule doesn't change the fact that on my cruise it was upheld at least involving one passenger who didn't want to follow it or was unaware of it...,Lido deck or room service for you in your jeans or shorts on elegant night buddy....the good guys win this round

Edited by First and Ten

It is you who are assuming they are allowed because you somehow want them allowed. I pointed out to you, rules in black and white, that jeans are NOT allowed in the MDR during elegant night. Just because you don't like that rule doesn't change the fact that on my cruise it was upheld at least involving one passenger who didn't want to follow it or was unaware of it...,Lido deck or room service for you in your jeans or shorts on elegant night buddy....the good guys win this round

Read the funtimes posted on this thread from various cruises. "Cut off Jeans" are not allowed. That means jean shorts. It IS right there in black and white.

I LIKE carnivals rule. It allows Jeans on all evenings. I don't necessarily take advantage of it, but I am happy if others do.

• 1 month later...

We are on our way to the Ecstasy now. I appreciate all the feedback here. Personally, I like when people make the effort to "get dressed" for dinner. I have taught my children the same. Of course, we have probably overpacked, but That's okay! Better safe than sorry! I will update at the end of the week with my observations!

Just got off the Ecstasy yesterday! I have to day, most people respected the dress code and I didn't see anyone that needed to be turned away. On the casual nights, many people wore jeans or nice shorts, but others dressed up. It was nice to see people making the effort! My husband and son wore khakis, shirt/tie. My daughter and I wore dresses. Some people went old school and totally elegant!! Great opportunity for photos!

• 3 weeks later...

you got that PLATINUM PIN on your shirt somewhere where they can easily SEE it!

I dress up more or less but haven't taken a jacket and tie on a ship since 2010 our 30th anniversary on a princess cruise!

I wear a cubavera or that style of button up shirt and dress pants. no tie because that isn't the style of shirt to wear one;)

been a long time but on a ncl cruise years ago maybe 2006ish a buddy got turned away with a very expensive golf shirt but yes it was not full button up

a few minutes later, when I got there we went back to the dining room as things had calmed down and just went right in, and there were definitely worse dressed peeps in there, I can only imagine my buddy opened his mouth to ask if what he was wearing was Ok though, knowing him.....:eek:

it was indeed a cruise that our friends let one thing early on, get to them and they set out to look for things to complain about - it was their first and I'm sure they're last NCl cruise and it was at the very beginning of freestyle and the ship not well suited to it....