Coffee differences in Classic vs Premium Non Alcoholic Package

Colfireman

One of Celebrity's best kept secrets! It can depend who you ask as to the actual breakdown but coffee drinks like cappuccino, Latte etc and the Teadrop tea bags are included on both packages.

I've always understood that 'speciality coffees' were the alcoholic ones listed like Roman or Aspen Coffee but as others point out that may be true on one ship or cruise, but different on another!

Wish ==X's== marketing dept could redefine the terms 'premium' and 'speciality' so we all understood what was being inferred by their usage!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm afraid calling is not likely to get you a definitive or necessarily correct answer. The truth is, the implementation likely varies and your best bet may be to wait until you are on board and see whether the Classic covers the specific drink you want. If not, you can upgrade for about $5/day, or just pay a la carte if you only want the item once in a while. And don't necessarily go by what's written--every printed list on the ship said Jameson, my husband's preferred drink, was on the Premium package (last year it was Classic ). After a few nights choosing from the Classic list, he decided to order a Jameson, thinking he would upgrade at the bar if need be. ..but they just served it to him, that night and subsequently. So either they weren't up to date on the latest lists or weren't implementing the latest changes.

Long story short, wait until you're on board.

I'm afraid calling is not likely to get you a definitive or necessarily correct answer. The truth is, the implementation likely varies and your best bet may be to wait until you are on board and see whether the Classic covers the specific drink you want. If not, you can upgrade for about $5/day, or just pay a la carte if you only want the item once in a while. And don't necessarily go by what's written--every printed list on the ship said Jameson, my husband's preferred drink, was on the Premium package (last year it was Classic ). After a few nights choosing from the Classic list, he decided to order a Jameson, thinking he would upgrade at the bar if need be. ..but they just served it to him, that night and subsequently. So either they weren't up to date on the latest lists or weren't implementing the latest changes.

Long story short, wait until you're on board.

You called that one. I ended up calling and did not get a definitive answer so it will be a wait until we are on board to decide what to do. Sure wish Celebrity would come up with a list similar to the Premium vs Classic drink package. It would make life so much easier.

Cheers

We were told that the "premium" coffees and teas were the hot drinks on the first page of the menu--cappuccinos, lattes, mochas, etc.

The frappucino-type drinks on the next page were considered "specialty" and weren't covered by the Classic NA package.

The frappucino style drinks are included in the classic non alcoholic package. The drink with the berries on the menu isn't and the ones with alcohol aren't.

Can anyone tell me what the "premium coffee and teas" cover in the classic non alcoholic package vs the "specialty coffee and teas" in the premium package? Does anyone have a comparison sheet?

Thanks

Greg

Here is the link to the menu: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-cafe-al-bacio-and-gelateria#

All menu items $5.00 or under are covered by the Classic, you need the Premium to cover those over like the:

Espresso ai Frutti di BoscoEspresso, blackcurrant jam, fresh whipped cream

& fresh wild berries7.00

or the,

Espresso MelbaEspresso, peaches, hot chocolate, fresh whipped cream

& crushed amaretti biscuits7.00

Of course none of the drinks with a liquor in them are covered.

The frappucino style drinks are included in the classic non alcoholic package. The drink with the berries on the menu isn't and the ones with alcohol aren't.

My traveling companion was told (albeit 18 months ago, on Reflection) that her package only covered the hot drinks and specifically not the Iglu.

So, as I said, implementation is variable.

Having a definitive list could be useful to point to if a server says something is not included when you believe it is, but, on the other hand, sometimes the inconsistencies work to your advantage (e.g. my husband's Jameson & water). Wasn't on the list but he got it anyway. Saved him upgrading.

My traveling companion was told (albeit 18 months ago, on Reflection) that her package only covered the hot drinks and specifically not the Iglu.

So, as I said, implementation is variable.

Having a definitive list could be useful to point to if a server says something is not included when you believe it is, but, on the other hand, sometimes the inconsistencies work to your advantage (e.g. my husband's Jameson & water). Wasn't on the list but he got it anyway. Saved him upgrading.

He was give a drink with alcohol with a non-alcohol pkg?

He was give a drink with alcohol with a non-alcohol pkg?

No, sorry for any confusion. I mentioned my husband's experience with the Classic alcohol package and receiving a drink that was clearly on the Premium list, as an example of the inconsistent application of the lists. That time, it worked to his advantage but I imagine there could be times that someone might not be served something that should have been covered and might not know to press the point.

My experience with the Classic NA package is based on traveling with an under-21 companion who purchased the Classic NA on a previous cruise and we gradually discovered its limits as the cruise went on. But, based on my husband's experience two weeks ago, I'm now thinking that what she was told was or was not included could have been specific to that ship, that sailing, that bar server...

I did see on the menu posted above that the Iglu is $5.50, so that would put it over the $5 limit mentioned.