Explorer looks to be an excellent addition to the Regent fleet

With Explorer, Regent's other new ship plus the expansion of other luxury lines are you concerned about possible over-capacity in the luxury cruise market?

What are Regent's plans to keep ahead of the market?

Will Regent be disposing of Navigator in due course?

Two in a row for Flossie! Great observations on your part and I firmly these are great times for the luxury cruise consumers. Yes, there is more competition coming and that requires we all continue to innovate and find new ways to differentiate ourselves and stay relevant. Our all-inclusive messaging is consistently how we separate ourselves and the recent addition of free Business Class Air is another arrow in that quiver. And of course the launch of Seven Seas Explorer with all she has to offer as the world's most luxurious ship keeps setting the bar higher.
With regards to Navigator, she is a big part of our future. We recently launched our 2018 World Cruise aboard her and she came out of an extensive drydock in April looking better than ever.

Hi, flossie009. I got a chance to have dinner on Navigator in May, while on a port call in Venice, and had also seen the ship pre-refurbishment in January. You definitely don't spend the kind of money that Regent spent on this sweet ship if you're planning for it to leave the fleet. The ship looked really beautiful, really like new.

I'm having trouble posting photos but will keep trying.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown
Editor in Chief
Cruise Critic

[quote name='flossie009']Explorer looks to be an excellent addition to the Regent fleet

With Explorer, Regent's other new ship plus the expansion of other luxury lines are you concerned about possible over-capacity in the luxury cruise market?

What are Regent's plans to keep ahead of the market?

Will Regent be disposing of Navigator in due course?[/quote]

Love it that there's so much interest in Navigator. Encourage you to check out our member reviews, we've got a couple that have come in post-refurb. And we've updated our editorial review as well. Link: [url]http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=131[/url]

Carolyn

[quote name='flossie009']Thanks for the responses :)

Unfortunately the 'free Business Class Air' has not been rolled out to your UK guests. Whatever happened to the US/UK 'special relationship'? ;)[/QUOTE]

Good question.
Would like to see the answer to this if Randall has the time.

[quote name='Notts Outlaw']Good question.
Would like to see the answer to this if Randall has the time.[/QUOTE]

Great comment and I apologize for my narrow minded US thinking! Our incredible UK team based out of our expanded Southampton office has their own collection of fly/cruise programs for our UK guests. Perhaps not Business Class Air yet but this also enables significant credits for those who arrange their own air.