Interactive Review of Regal Princess June 25 - July 6 2016

Pokopo

Thanks for the information. Just want to know last day the ship arrive Copenhagen at 5am, what the earliest time they allow passengers to depart?

Thanks

Wen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we disembarked in Copenhagen from the Emerald three years ago, walk-off started at 5:15 AM. The first groups that set out their luggage the night before started disembarkation at 6:15 AM as did the Princess transfers for flights before 9:30 AM. Unlike in the U.S. there was no customs or immigration at the pier. Edited by IECalCruiser

When we disembarked in Copenhagen from the Emerald three years ago, walk-off started at 5:15 AM. The first groups that set out their luggage the night before started disembarkation at 6:15 AM as did the Princess transfers for flights before 9:30 AM. Unlike in the U.S. there was no customs or immigration at the pier.

I disembarked a couple weeks ago, i will echo comments above. it was 530am for walk offs and 6:20am for first group with luggage.

Thanks for the disembark time info. One more question if I leave the ship at 5:15am, are there taxis available that early? Our flight is at 8:15am hope we have enough time

Thanks for the disembark time info. One more question if I leave the ship at 5:15am, are there taxis available that early? Our flight is at 8:15am hope we have enough time

I cant answer that because i wasnt off the ship that early. here is my recommendation though since your flight is earlier than the princess recommended time.

I booked the below car service. it is a little more expensive than if you grab a taxi at the port but youll have a taxi waiting for you. The taxi driver was on time and waiting for us as we walked off the ship at 6:30am. He was extremely friendly and van was clean. You could potentially arrive at airport about 6:15am ish...which should be plenty of time to check in for flight. good luck!

http://www.limos4copenhagen.com/

The cab ride took 30 minutes or so if I remember. At the airport you need to go to a machine to scan your passport before you get into the line to check your bags and that line was quite long. You then go into a large hall to go through security and that was a mass of people. From there you walk through the airport to the international departures area where there will be another line to check your boarding pass and passport. You then walk to another waiting area and about 30 minutes before your flight there is another check point before the gates. If you want to process any VAT refunds you should allow additional time. You will have a busy morning! Edited by IECalCruiser

Hi! At 5:15 AM, there is basically nobody so leaving that early is pretty risky. We left at 6:00 AM and there were around 3-4 taxis so I'm not sure if there will be any taxis available. If you are going to the Copenhagen airport, the security lineup is EXTREMELY long, but I personally think that the worst thing that could happen would be that they would call you to the front of the line so that you could catch the plane.

Hi! At 5:15 AM, there is basically nobody so leaving that early is pretty risky. We left at 6:00 AM and there were around 3-4 taxis so I'm not sure if there will be any taxis available. If you are going to the Copenhagen airport, the security lineup is EXTREMELY long, but I personally think that the worst thing that could happen would be that they would call you to the front of the line so that you could catch the plane.

Thanks for the info[emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everybody! Sorry for taking so long! Instead of a video, I will post out groups of pictures with a few captions describing them. I will be happy to answer any questions involving the cruise or the pictures. And with that, here are the pictures!JeqXeO.jpgJust a little picture at the Iceland Airport

qIVKOm.jpgA view of Copenhagen's airport

cfrlmF.jpg Some tasty Danish pastries at a pastry shop

FVk46a.jpgThe famous danish hotdogs

TntJMs.jpg We didn't have much time, so we quickly took this photo before heading off to the cruise ship.

I think I will be uploading 3 groups of photos per day, so expect more photos very soon!

Take care and cruise away!

-Pokopo

Here comes the second group of pictures!

tzvs7x.jpg

Two pictures of the room and the TV on the Regal

ZYP6Tz.jpg

cJicwT.jpg

The view of the dock/cruise terminal from our balcony

Be sure to look for more!

-Pokopo

Hello everyone! Here are some photos we took in Oslo! I changed the size so the pictures might take a little longer to load in

RVvypX.jpg

The view of the Regal hCpfwD.jpg

The Oslo Opera HouseTOe509.jpg

pSqy3q.jpgEqA19Z.jpgRilNup.jpg

Just some nice architecture and cool building styles

Will be posting more soon!

-Pokopo

Hello Everybody! Tonight I'm going to show the food on day 2 in the dining room!

qnrXE7.jpg

Breakfast!

TgYcgR.jpg

Lunch!

VScD4q.jpg

The appetizer for dinner. Not quite sure what it was anymore. I wouldn't recommend it.

ef2QT6.jpg

Shrimp and Steak with some Potatoes

Will be posting more photos!

Take care and cruise away

-Pokopo

Hello everybody! Today I'm going to show you some photos from the Crab Shack onboard Regal Princess. The specialty restaurant is the best in Alaska, but the food was still delicious in the Baltic.

GwQUkc.jpg

Deep Fried Shrimp and HushPuppies

TTPce1.jpg

The main entree. I think it was called the Royal Platter (Started with Royal). We accidently ate a bit already when we took the photo, but you get the point.

8UZ5ds.jpg

The view of a bridge after the Crab Shack dinner

-Pokopo

Hello Everybody! Here are some photos of Warnemunde!

cCrAhk.jpg

The view of the ship from the dock

8uGJr4.jpg

Train from Warnemunde is Rostock

PXGv0H.jpg

Just a basic map of the train to Berlin

gZVT9I.jpg

The view from the train to the cruise

Will be posting more (and much better) photos!

-Pokopo

Hello Everybody! Here's the dinner from day 5 (Including Menu)!

7nvxC7.jpg

Appetizers

dvRMzt.jpg

Main Entrees

iIMCTW.jpg

Applewood Smoked Duck Breast

KXd6hU.jpg

Grilled Medallions of Beef Tenderloin

w3C9pO.jpg

Pan-Seared Barramundi

qcn87M.jpg

Dessert Biscuits

-Pokopo

Thanks for the review.

I saw on my email the comment that you wrote before (I'm guessing) you edited it. The one where you were saying that the room steward shouldn't have to wait and all.

I completely understand your point, but I thought that getting up at 12 PM was reasonable since from the morning of the 24th to the night of the 25th, we didn't sleep at all. That's around 36 hours without sleep, so compared to the usual 12 hours, sleeping for an extra 3-4 hours doesn't seem like much. Second, we had already told the room steward that they didn't need to come in a clean the room, so she only cleaned it during dinner, meaning that she did not have to wait for us to leave the room.

I don't really understand what you were saying about how it really pays to do research before hand? I think we did enough research, but I would love to hear what you meant by that.

-Pokopo

Hello everyone! Today I will be posting some photos of the architecture and buildings in many Baltic cities! This post will be featuring Tallinn!

to8OGq.jpg

The balloon in Tallinn

pyhiiQ.jpg

AZJpac.jpg

WoNNu2.jpg

mZYAEE.jpg

HtpFIg.jpg

There's not much to say about these photos, so just enjoy them!

-Pokopo