NCL Epic 2BR Villa -- Second Guessing Myself

mal&jason

Hello,

As I am the queen of second guessing myself, would any of you care to comment on the following choice of staterooms in the Haven (Epic, Med Cruise, 9/18/16)?

I have booked 17000. However, I am thinking now that I want a regular balcony and 16014 is available. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mallory

Why are you having doubts about your choice?

The forward 2-bedrooms have enclosed balconies.

If you want an actual balcony, change your cabin. You're not in the coveted 16001 or 17001 (which are larger).

Cabins 16014 and 16016 are right by the door leading to the Coutyard Grill/pool/concierge lounge. These are automatic doors, so I don't know if there is any noise associated with the doors. Also, any of these cabins would give you a shorter walk to the elevator.

What are your doubts? I think we are on the trip before yours and also in a Haven 2-bedroom - 9/11/16. We are in 16023. Even though the front cabins have the small window that opens, it wasn't enough open air for us. We are four adults and it would be nice to have the few extra square feet that the front cabins add, but we wanted the open balcony.

I think I was worried about the size of the room. On the NCL website, it looks like the forward facing (not including 16001 and 17001) are narrower than the sides.

Also, I wonder about the noise above Deck 17.

Appreciate all the answers!

I was in a forward solarium on Epic (penthouse 17005). The view is spectacular. If you have small kids, its ideal too for safety reasons. The solarium has its own thermostat and is actually like another room in the cabin. No worries about wind to blow the food off your table. If an open balcony is a must though, then definitely change.

I stayed in 16016 twice since I loved it so much. It was a few years ago now but I LOVED the proximity to the grill (which is super quiet most of the time - no night noise at all) and the courtyard. I loved the Haven on Epic. I loved that cabin! Here's some pictures - remember it was 2011 and 2013 so I'm not sure if anything has changed, but the cabin should be the same. http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/marybethp18/library/Epic%2016016?sort=3&page=1

Edited by youngestof9

Thanks everyone for your input. We switched to 16015 and I feel much better. I just want to have a real balcony. What's driving me crazy is that I cannot find pictures/videos of the room on YOUTUBE. I love it when I can do that!

Yes, I get more neurotic the closer to cruise date!

:-)

Mallory

We have stayed in 16016 twice and loved the location... Close proximity to the Couryard Grill bar and the Haven Courtyard and restaurant. No noise from doors or from the 17th deck. If we go on the Epic again, I would definitely choose the same cabin, if available.

Sue