Two Bedroom Suite - Jewel (or Jade or Gem)

pliskin

How painfully small is the 2nd bedroom in the 2 bedroom suites on the jewel class ships? We are 4 adults. My brother and I would be in the small bedroom so our folks could have the swanky room. We are currently in two mini-suites but I am thinking of upgrading. Can the balcony hold 4 people sitting? What about storage? This is a 14 day sailing.

Love the suite life on NCL and really want my parents to have an amazing experience. I have sailed in the 3 bedroom garden villa before which is insane but it is also huge.

Thanks in advance!

Very painfully small!. Pull out sofa bed and drop down bunk. Very little room when the sofa is in bed mode. Really ideal for a small kid or two or one adult even. That said - if you're just going to be sleeping in there the suite perqs may make it worthwhile but the "non swanky" adults will be cramped in (the second bathroom is also quite tiny). Four people can definitely sit on the balcony - they are extra deep.

We had a nanny stay in one reasonably comfortably but she packed very light.

Ahh but those suite perks - tempting. Not sure I'd want to be the "bunk" adult.

Happy cruising!

It's small for two adults. Like others said, a couch that opens up and takes nearly all the floor space when made into a bed, and an upper bunk.

The couch in the living room also makes into a bed, so it is possible (and maybe preferable) to have one person use the second bedroom just for the bathroom and storage but sleep in the living room.

We had 3 adults in the 2 bed haven on the Jade. 1 in main bedroom, 1 in sofa & I used the smaller room. I manage fine & we all coped for a week. If there's going to be 2 using the main bedroom I think you & your brother will be ok in lounge & smaller room.

We had 5 adults in a 2 bdrm suite on the Jewel. We had no issues. My hubby and I had the main bedroom. My mother had the pull out sofa that we had an egg crate added to, my adult daughter had the bunk and my adult son had the sleeper sofa (twin) in the living area. We were on a 10 day cruise so lots of clothes. We had no issues with storage and since we were primarily there for sleeping it was just fine.

Yes the 2nd bedroom gets smaller if the sofa bed is open all the time but in reality no one was ever in there except to sleep.

As for the balcony, while 4 can stand on it easily you are not all going to be able to sit

Thanks to everyone with all the great info. I had pretty much decided I was going to do it anyway, just looking for someone to say "No, don't do it, you're insane!" lol

The lil' room looks to me to be comparable to a solo cabin which I tried out on the Epic and was not bad at all. So I say "14 day sailing in the Haven? Sign me up! Booya!"

Just be aware that the closet space in the second bedroom is non-existent. It only has a couple of rods that stick out into the room. It is hard to describe, but the rod is not from side to side, but they jut out into the room. Of course, if there are 2 guys in the second room, they probably won't have a problem since we ladies are "known" to over pack!;)

Cole