Bergen in July

KornishKruiser

Hi, has anyone done a Norwegian Fjord cruise with Cunard and if so, do you know the sort of time it docks in Flam? Our itinerary says 'early morning', but does that mean around 6am ish? Just wondering as we have plans to get off the QE as soon as possible to take a hike early morning then get back on board for a late breakfast.

Many thanks!

Hi, has anyone done a Norwegian Fjord cruise with Cunard and if so, do you know the sort of time it docks in Flam? Our itinerary says 'early morning', but does that mean around 6am ish? Just wondering as we have plans to get off the QE as soon as possible to take a hike early morning then get back on board for a late breakfast.

Many thanks!

A couple of the cruise calendar web sites show QE is scheduled to be in Flam from 8:00am to 5:00pm this July. That's the same arrival time in Flam as the one Cunard voyage to Norway we have been on. So perhaps not quite as early an arrival as you were hoping for.

Regards,

John.

I believe we tendered in Flam and got into port after the other ship. We were on QE several years ago. I remember being surprised that Cunard seemed to have lower priority in docking than other mainline ships (worse spots). We also got bumped from Geringer.

Hi, has anyone done a Norwegian Fjord cruise with Cunard ...
Check the album titled "2013 Norway July 6-27" in the pmb1 contribution to the "WELCOME ..." sticky for what we experienced on QM2 then, rain and all.

Sorry about the date. I should proofread what I typed. When I last visited Flam I was on the QV and we anchored. We were not allowed off until all the tours had left. A much small ship was tied up.

Here is an extract from the port info for 2016 cruises aurlandhavn.no

102 Sø 24.07.2016 Saga Pearl II 07.00-16.00 Kai European Cruise Skjolden Stavanger

103 Ma 25.07.2016 Queen Elizabeth 11.00-20.00 Kai European Cruise Bergen

108 104 Ty 26.07.2016 Monarch 10.00-20.00 Kai European Cruise Olden

Its a little compressed but you can make out the times. Maybe the port info is incorrect. Note that the QE is at the Kai so tendering will not be a problem.

I am on this cruise. QE will be in Flam on 25th July and as one of the excursions commences at 07.30, we should be docked quite early.

Yes, my itinerary also shows us in Flaam on the 25th and train excursions are being sold by QE for the 7:30 trip. To me that means we arrive before 11:00 am.

Looks as if the port schedule is not up to date as it reports the ship leaving Flaam for Geiranger but our itinerary has been changed for the next port is Olden.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app