Name of ship port in Copenhagen?

YWW

We are scheduled to leave Copenhagen on 8/8/16 for our 11-day Scandinavia and Russia cruise however I'm totally confused with the exact port where Princess Regal is supposed to be docking. We got 3 different answers from Princess and no one at Princess seems to know for sure. One says Freeport, another says some thing else and a 3rd rep mentioned another port. In our cruise summary, it lists two different ports (the Oceankaj and Malmo)

Also, does anyone know roughly how far the Copenhagen airport is from the ship port? Any recommendations to hotel for pre-cruise? The two hotels recommended by Princess in Copenhagen are totally sold out.

Thanks.

Our daughter and her husband stayed at the Copenhagen Admiral Hotel prior to their Baltic cruise. It's in a great location, right on the waterfront, easy walking to lots of restaurants. They liked it.

Hi,

We've stayed on Copenhagen a few times. The cruise ports are on the other side of the city from the airport. The cruise ships don't know which cruise port they will berth at until a day or two before they arrive. That said, when we have cruised out of Copenhagen in the past the ships docked at the cruise port furtherest north, past the Mermaid Statue.

We prefer hotels away from downtown. We have stayed at the AC Bella Sky Hotel Copenhagen and the Crown Plaza Towers Copenhagen. Both had fair rates and included breakfast which is great because Denmark can be very expensive. Both were near the airport and had Metro stations close by (the easiest way to get around and see Copenhagen). Discount Metro passes are available the hotel desk. Of the two we felt the Crown Plaza was the best all around.

Transportation to the cruise terminal can be arranged through the hotel desk. They were able to find out in advance which cruise terminal our ship was docking at. Taxi fare was around 300 Kroner or $45 US for 3 of us plus luggage.

Copenhagen is one of the greatest cities in the world. Just about everybody in Denmark speaks English so language isn't a problem. It is very pedestrian friendly and walkable. Oh and if you like beef, they have some of the best in the world.

We are scheduled to leave Copenhagen on 8/8/16 for our 11-day Scandinavia and Russia cruise however I'm totally confused with the exact port where Princess Regal is supposed to be docking. We got 3 different answers from Princess and no one at Princess seems to know for sure. One says Freeport, another says some thing else and a 3rd rep mentioned another port. In our cruise summary, it lists two different ports (the Oceankaj and Malmo)

Also, does anyone know roughly how far the Copenhagen airport is from the ship port? Any recommendations to hotel for pre-cruise? The two hotels recommended by Princess in Copenhagen are totally sold out.

Thanks.

Just did this cruise last month. The Regal docks at Oceankaj. We stayed at the Hilton by the airport (was free for us using points). Taxi fare from there each way for the 4 of us was about 500 DKK ($76 or so) and took about 30-40 minutes. There has been discussion elsewhere on the boards wondering if taxis are available there upon disembarkation. There were plenty.

We are going on Regal next month and the dock is Oceankaj. I think I found this out on the personaliser somewhere. We are booked into the Tivoli Hotel which is central.

Edited by caber

Just did this cruise last month. The Regal docks at Oceankaj. We stayed at the Hilton by the airport (was free for us using points). Taxi fare from there each way for the 4 of us was about 500 DKK ($76 or so) and took about 30-40 minutes. There has been discussion elsewhere on the boards wondering if taxis are available there upon disembarkation. There were plenty.

We are going on Regal next month and the dock is Oceankaj. I think I found this out on the personaliser somewhere. We are booked into the Tivoli Hotel which is central.

In May 2015 our Regal cruise also ended at Oceankaj.

Hi,

We've stayed on Copenhagen a few times. The cruise ports are on the other side of the city from the airport. The cruise ships don't know which cruise port they will berth at until a day or two before they arrive. That said, when we have cruised out of Copenhagen in the past the ships docked at the cruise port furtherest north, past the Mermaid Statue.

We prefer hotels away from downtown. We have stayed at the AC Bella Sky Hotel Copenhagen and the Crown Plaza Towers Copenhagen. Both had fair rates and included breakfast which is great because Denmark can be very expensive. Both were near the airport and had Metro stations close by (the easiest way to get around and see Copenhagen). Discount Metro passes are available the hotel desk. Of the two we felt the Crown Plaza was the best all around.

Transportation to the cruise terminal can be arranged through the hotel desk. They were able to find out in advance which cruise terminal our ship was docking at. Taxi fare was around 300 Kroner or $45 US for 3 of us plus luggage.

Copenhagen is one of the greatest cities in the world. Just about everybody in Denmark speaks English so language isn't a problem. It is very pedestrian friendly and walkable. Oh and if you like beef, they have some of the best in the world.

Just checked Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Tower at the airport and their lowest non refundable rate is $192.73 plus tax plus $14.40 for each extra person above one (this really surprises me) and breakfast is $26.71 for 2. Airport shuttle is available and no reservation required. AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen hotel is $211 plus tax and no extra charge for one additional person above one and breakfast not included. Rates fully refundable until 3 days before. Hotel does have airport shuttle. Will check into Hilton and others. Princess told me if I stay at one of the airport hotels, I can always get a Princess airport transfer from airport to ship for $39pp. I think based on what I'm seeing from your and other postings that the taxi cost will be very similar to the Princess airport transfer.

Can I assume Euro and USD are not accepted except their own DKK currency in Denmark?

> We booked through hotels dot com and looking at our past reservations the rate you were quoted was a bit less than we paid but breakfast was included with both. So I suppose it is a about the same give or take.

> We exchanged for Kroner before we left the states. :) Still have a few thousand left so will have to go back yet again to spend it :) Many businesses would accept either Kroner or Euro but I don't know about taxis. Worth asking, though.