Free sip & sale not

mmckm

I have a friend who is a high volume Princess agent. I always get a great deal to begin with. Months ago I booked B2B cruises. The other day I got an email re-confirming the 2 - 14 day B2B cruises I have planned for April 2017. Both qualified for the Sip & Sail, plus I got close to a $400 savings on each cruise! I didn't have to do a thing. My TA always checks the sales and automatically refares when appropriate.

As Pam always says, it pays to have a good TA! ;)

It worked out well for me & my bride with our September 2017 to Alaska. We booked 4-5 weeks ago when there was no sale going on and it was $2349. We only decided to go ahead and book it as not many rooms left we wanted and figured we would just wait it out for a sale if one came along we liked.

It was also not included in the last Red, White & Blue sale, I think it was called.

Just finished talking to Princess and had it added to the reservation. For us, it was a $395 value each, plus another $25 or so, for the cover in the speciality restaurant.

Price was the same, $2349. :D

Booked on REgal Baltic June '17. This is a 12 day cruise. Our cost for sip and sail was $90pp. I never would have paid for a booze package on a port intensive cruise like this, but jumped on this offer.

Same cabin (balcony), same confirmation #. Looking forward to specialty coffee, water, martini before dinner, wine with dinner.

We booked our Alaska cruise for 2017 back in January. Pricing stayed exactly the same with the Sip & Sail. It was just added to our existing booking. I absolutely wouldn't have purchased it for this cruise. but getting it for free makes me happy!

Just checked with Princess to see if our 28 day cruise would qualify for the free package with a free specialty dinner included. Yes it does the only catch is it would cost me over $2000 per person to get the package, by rebooking. That makes it cheaper to buy the package. I would save aprox. $500. I would never buy the package for a cruise that long as I don't think it would pay off. Creative pricing to make you think your getting a deal.

Are you surprised ???

I think the sip and sail had already been factored into the prices of the new releases so people are finding that their price didn't go up. Old bookings, not so much. Looking at Spring 2018, Princess is still $1,000 more than Celebrity for two people on their 10 day Caribbean Cruise..No thanks. I'll just sail Celebrity which already includes a drink package.

It really depends on the cruise.

For us the price on a 28 day for 2017 is almost exactly the same WITH the Sip nSail as the same cruise is for this year without it.

However, I checked for the 10 day Royal Princess cruises for winter 2018 and those are almost as much for 10 days as our 14 day Celebrity Eclipse (with drink package and gratuities). So that one is a no go.

I'm assuming that since the Sip n Sail is a limited time promotion, any repricing down the road will result in forfeiture of the perk? For instance, 9 months from now an early 2018 cruise drops $500pp in price. Will attempting to take advantage of the decrease be met with loss of the package? Celebrity allows pricing adjustments without loss of drink packages as long as the perk is still being offered. (Which is perpetually nowadays...)

Tony

Princess will also allow you to get a price adjustment as long as the perk is still being offered.

When we booked our Celebrity cruise they were offering 2 perks for the price of one. If the cruise were to go down in price now we would lose our second perk to take advantage.