koningsdam bed sizes

quandrea

For those of you who have sailed her, what is the size of the bed? King, Queen, larger than a queen but smaller than a king?

Also, how large is the pull out sofa in the Family oceanview? Is it shorter than a real bed? Would two adults be comfortable in it?

I'm sure the king/twin beds are the same as others across the fleet: each twin is 33" wide, making the 'queen' 66" wide. Can't speak for the pullout couch. I believe only the Pinnacle suite has a true king that can't be separated. EM

I'm sure the king/twin beds are the same as others across the fleet: each twin is 33" wide, making the 'queen' 66" wide. Can't speak for the pullout couch. I believe only the Pinnacle suite has a true king that can't be separated. EM

Thank you. I am looking into the Koningsdam for a Baltic trip next year but I don't think the family stateroom will work for us. The Pullman is above the parents' queen bed and I don't think that will work--zero privacy. I wish they'd put it above the sofa.

Thank you. I am looking into the Koningsdam for a Baltic trip next year but I don't think the family stateroom will work for us. The Pullman is above the parents' queen bed and I don't think that will work--zero privacy. I wish they'd put it above the sofa.

We were in 1147, a category FA on deck 1. The cabin slept 5 people (we were only 2). The couch was a full size pull-out and the the 5th bed was stored in the ceiling above the couch. There was still no privacy as the couch was next to the bed and there was no privacy curtain anywhere in the cabin, except at the window of course. You can see my photos of the cabin if you google "1147-koningsdam".

The bed sizes seemed to be the typical ones already described.

Edited by 0bnxshs

We were in 1147, a category FA on deck 1. The cabin slept 5 people (we were only 2). The couch was a full size pull-out and the the 5th bed was stored in the ceiling above the couch. There was still no privacy as the couch was next to the bed and there was no privacy curtain anywhere in the cabin, except at the window of course. You can see my photos of the cabin if you google "1147-koningsdam".

This is wonderful news! No one at HAL has been able to confirm this for me. They all say that the pullman is above the real queen bed, not above the sofa. Must be that some are above the sofa, which is what I need. So to confirm, the Pullman was above the sofa, not what would be the parents' bed? I've checked your picture and will print it out for my TA. Thank you so much! You have potentially made my day as I really want to take this Baltic trip in September, rather than may. Only NCL and HAL sail at that time and I'd much rather be with HAL. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

This is wonderful news! No one at HAL has been able to confirm this for me. They all say that the pullman is above the real queen bed, not above the sofa. Must be that some are above the sofa, which is what I need. So to confirm, the Pullman was above the sofa, not what would be the parents' bed? I've checked your picture and will print it out for my TA. Thank you so much! You have potentially made my day as I really want to take this Baltic trip in September, rather than may. Only NCL and HAL sail at that time and I'd much rather be with HAL. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the Pullman comes down out of the ceiling above the couch/sofa. The queen bed nearest the window (can be separated to make 2 singles) is what I would call the parents' bed. We actually saw the Pullman down as our room steward needed to "borrow" something (blankets I think) he had stored on it knowing we weren't using it. I only wish I had thought to take photos when he did. It will accommodate those up to 210 lbs as I recall reading the sticker.

The baths are small. Except that there is virtually no storage in the shower-only bath (small area under the sink which had no real counter around it), adults will find it easier to use this bath as it's much simpler to enter/exit the shower. Extra closet space was nice for us and a real need for more people.

I can confirm that 1153 also sleeps 5 and has the same configuration as 1147. Happy that I could help and hope you enjoy your Baltic cruise, it's an experience very much worth it! :)

For those of you who have sailed her, what is the size of the bed? King, Queen, larger than a queen but smaller than a king?

Also, how large is the pull out sofa in the Family oceanview? Is it shorter than a real bed? Would two adults be comfortable in it?

Neptune suites have a full-size American king. Most king beds have two extra long twin foundations since one big rigid box would be impossible to get through some doorways, etc. These are supposedly separable to 2 twins, though I've never seen a suite configured that way. They must use a mattress topper as it sleeps like a single king mattress. All HAL kings are true king sized. Can't speak for the queens, but I would assume they're American size as well.

There are pictures on cruisedeckplans.com of cabin 1028 and show the bunk as over the queen bed. there is a storage cabinet above the couch. In fact, here is a youtube video of it:

EM

Edited by Essiesmom

There are pictures on cruisedeckplans.com of cabin 1028 and show the bunk as over the queen bed. there is a storage cabinet above the couch. In fact, here is a youtube video of it:

EM

Yes, that was the video that scared me off initially. I'm hoping I can get one of the staterooms mentioned in the posts above. Fingers crossed. Will report back. I am very appreciative to all who reported back today.

For a bit of privacy, the ceiling is usually metal so will hold magnets to which you could attach some fabric like an old curtain or a bed sheet. Works in hotel rooms so maybe also on the K'dam.

That's our plan! We did that on the QM2 back in 2008. Worked like a charm. Just waiting to hear back from ship services and hopefully we will get booked.

I wonder if the odd numbered cabins have the Pullman above the couches? Ship services told me the Pullman is above the bed because that is how it's anchored. Effectively that's the location of the studs. Perhaps the starboard side of the ship has the studs where the couches are. Oh I wish my TA would call back so we could get this settled!

I wonder if the odd numbered cabins have the Pullman above the couches? Ship services told me the Pullman is above the bed because that is how it's anchored. Effectively that's the location of the studs. Perhaps the starboard side of the ship has the studs where the couches are. Oh I wish my TA would call back so we could get this settled!

That is a possibility. I had the thought in my head that perhaps the FA category cabins were 5 persons with the bed above the couch too. I know both 1147 and 1153 do and are both FA category but are also both starboard side.

The walls and ceiling are metal and will hold magnets.

That is a possibility. I had the thought in my head that perhaps the FA category cabins were 5 persons with the bed above the couch too. I know both 1147 and 1153 do and are both FA category but are also both starboard side.

The walls and ceiling are metal and will hold magnets.

We are booked! Not sure if there has been a run on these cabins today or what, but just from this morning availability if way down. There are no more FA or FB staterooms on the starboard side of the ship. Eight FA left on port side. We will be in 1153. Thank you so much!

I am so upset now that we booked FB, worried there would be noise from dining room above FA. I didn't realize the Pullman was over the bed. That is very disappointing. Did you experience any noise problems In 1147?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am so upset now that we booked FB, worried there would be noise from dining room above FA. I didn't realize the Pullman was over the bed. That is very disappointing. Did you experience any noise problems In 1147?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1147 is situated near, if not under, both the Culinary Arts Center and Blend above. We did, in the evenings only, hear occasional chair scraping, but in this cabin, we didn't find it to be disturbing and it didn't seem to last late into the evening. Of course, YMMV. :)