Royal Replenish Question

I read somewhere there is a time limit between drinks. If I get a smoothie how long before a bottle of water for example. Or if I get a Specialty coffee how long before a juice ect.. Thanks! It is the little thinks I ocd about LOL

You will hear many different answers to this. While I have only been on one RCCL cruise I do have personal experience with this.

I was told 15 minutes between drinks. This was when I was trying to grab a bunch of water for us to take ashore in Cozumel. I wanted 2 or 3 bottles for all of us so I claimed one for each of us in our drink package and then immediately tried to claim another round at the same place. The server explained the policy to me but ended up giving me a second round of water bottles anyway.

Now if they see you drink it I don't think they care at all. Later in the cruise I was sitting in the R Bar and drinking margarita's really quickly (it's a long story) but over the course of an hour or so I probably consumed at least 6 (tall very skinny margaritas) The bartender even laughed and claimed I was drinking them like a shot... again long story.

Bottom line is this - if they see you drink it, probably not a time limit. However, they may cut you off if you're intoxicated but that's another issue.

If you walk away and then come right back you may get the 15 minute rule.

Edited by bajadahl

I read somewhere there is a time limit between drinks. If I get a smoothie how long before a bottle of water for example. Or if I get a Specialty coffee how long before a juice ect.. Thanks! It is the little thinks I ocd about LOL

There is sometimes a time limit on the freestyle machines that only allow you to fill your cup every 10 or 15 minutes. Though, we were on the Oasis last month and there was no time limit displayed when I tested it.:p

As far as other drinks, many times I would get a specialty coffee and a bottle of water at the same time. I also ordered a bottle of water with my frozen drinks too and wasn't charged. YMMV.

There is sometimes a time limit on the freestyle machines that only allow you to fill your cup every 10 or 15 minutes. Though, we were on the Oasis last month and there was no time limit displayed when I tested it.:p

As far as other drinks, many times I would get a specialty coffee and a bottle of water at the same time. I also ordered a bottle of water with my frozen drinks too and wasn't charged. YMMV.

I also agree with this. I never had any problem getting a bottle of water with something else at the same time.

I really think they only whip it out if they think you may be abusing the policy. It appeared I might be abusing the policy to get several bottles of water for my family while ashore even though every person in my party had a drink package.

As far as the freestyle machines I have no idea... but I guess I'll learn in about two weeks.

I also agree with this. I never had any problem getting a bottle of water with something else at the same time.

I really think they only whip it out if they think you may be abusing the policy. It appeared I might be abusing the policy to get several bottles of water for my family while ashore even though every person in my party had a drink package.

As far as the freestyle machines I have no idea... but I guess I'll learn in about two weeks.

I agree, I always got a water with my cocktails no problem

When getting fresh squeezed OJ in the Windjammer, I had to wait 15" between each. The server told me he would get in trouble if he scanned my card too close together.

What ship was this on? When we have gotten the fresh squeezed juice in the WJ, they usually have a clipboard where they write down your sea pass number.

When getting fresh squeezed OJ in the Windjammer, I had to wait 15" between each. The server told me he would get in trouble if he scanned my card too close together.

FWIW, that's a BIG thing of OJ to drink inside of 15 minutes. In my own personal family, if we were asking for more than one, it would absolutely positively mean we were sharing. And the servers would be totally righteous in delaying us on that one.

But on Freedom (twice, 2+ years apart) and Vision most baristas would (after the first day) hand the Replenish owner a water and the ordered latte at the same time. Bartenders would hand us waters (sometimes two at a time) when we would go to them for water. I would pay OOP for a beer and they would give me a water b/c of Replenish. They were very very cool about letting us have lots of water. :)

I've also have always ordered bottle water with my drinks, never a problem. When grabbing multiple bottles to go ashore we just stop by different bars on our way out. There is no tracking between bars so going from the pool bar to the sky bar is pretty quick. We try to grab a bottle every time we pass a bar and keep the room stocked for going ashore. I have never been told I couldn't have an alcoholic drink because it's been less than 15 minutes but we always tip additional when we have the package.