QM2 refit

jessybell

Don't care how many millions they have spent on refit, until they ban smoking in the nightclub and provide some decent outdoor eating areas, won't be going on there again. Completely spoilt our 6 weeks on there last year.

Smoking is now banned in G32 Club.

Is this official? It would make my day if so - that smoke just refuses to stay in the section they designate for it, meaning that G32 is out of bounds to me (asthma).

Here's the text from my program for Friday, June 24th:

"..smoking (including electronic alternatives) is not permitted in staterooms, on stateroom balconies or in public rooms. You will find a designated area on the open deck, deck 7 aft, where smoking it permitted. The only exception is Churchill's Cigar Lounge, which is reserved for cigar and pipe smokers only...."

I don't think the OP will be happy even if they did offer "decent" outdoor dining when the combined wind and ship speed exceed 30 knots. We had a post last year when somebody complained that the QV smoking area was in the shade and she wanted to sit there. There is no prartical way a smoking area can be shifted according to the time of day and course of the ship.

We spent 6 weeks on QM2 two years ago travelling from Sydney back to UK and would have loved to have been able to eat outdoors. The aft deck where there are table and chairs by the pool is a "smoking designated" area so no way would we eat there and the deck outside the "burger" bar is too open and windy and also at the time we were onboard, they could only provide a couple of sun umbrellas as all the other ones were broken.

Smoking is now banned in G32 Club.

Here's the text from my program for Friday, June 24th:

"..smoking (including electronic alternatives) is not permitted in staterooms, on stateroom balconies or in public rooms. You will find a designated area on the open deck, deck 7 aft, where smoking it permitted. The only exception is Churchill's Cigar Lounge, which is reserved for cigar and pipe smokers only...."

I don't think the OP will be happy even if they did offer "decent" outdoor dining when the combined wind and ship speed exceed 30 knots. We had a post last year when somebody complained that the QV smoking area was in the shade and she wanted to sit there. There is no prartical way a smoking area can be shifted according to the time of day and course of the ship.

As a smoker I must say this is quite a pity. Especially since it was designated as a smoking area in inclement weather. What will happen now if the outside decks are closed? I have heard this is possible? On my crossing we were always able to smoke on deck but I've heard others say in the past they were completely closed off...not sure how much this happens though. They really should make Churchills open to ALL smokers like every either line does with their cigar/smoking lounges, esp now that there is no other indoor space provided.

Also, is there no longer a smoking area on Deck 8 outside of the Verandah?

We spent 6 weeks on QM2 two years ago travelling from Sydney back to UK and would have loved to have been able to eat outdoors. The aft deck where there are table and chairs by the pool is a "smoking designated" area so no way would we eat there and the deck outside the "burger" bar is too open and windy and also at the time we were onboard, they could only provide a couple of sun umbrellas as all the other ones were broken.

You're complaining because you wanted the smokers to go away from their area so you could sit there. If an agreeble and pleasant (for them) smoking area isn't maintained than the smoking will take place where it shouldn't.

Do you want to guess how the deck 13 sun umbrellas got broken?

Edited by BlueRiband