Queen Victoria for Solotravellers

cruisejunkie76

Hi,

I'm considerung trying Cunard and found a good rate for the QV from/to Civitaveccia.

As I'm travelling Solo, I'm not sure if the ship is suitable for Solo travellers.

Has anyone any experiance?

I have done two long cruises, one of six weeks and one of 2 months as a solo traveller and loved both of them.

I have recently had 24 days on Queen Victoria travelling solo.

I had a wonderful time. Most people are very friendly. Make sure you go to the solo travellers coffee mornings and check the roll call for your cruise to see if there is a CC meet and greet.

If you like dancing, the Queens Room is lovely and there are always the Dance hosts if you fancy a twirl round the floor!

I'm sure you will have a great time.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Probably the very best line for solo passengers as they still have set seating for the evening meal. On the other lines with anytime dining single ladies have a chance at finding other people willing to share a table, single men have close to zero chances. On Cunard both female and male are more than welcome and will enjoy the sailing on all three ships.

I have travelled solo. I attend the Cunard Insight Lectures, films, restaurants, tours, bars etc. I find you get to know people easily if you ask for a large table at dinner (8 or 10 is better than 6 or you might get mainly couples) and you ask to share at breakfast and lunch in the main dining room - Britannia Restaurant.

Hi,

I agree that Cunard is an excellent line for solo travellers. Most recently, I sailed solo on a transatlantic crossing on the QM2 in November 2014 and a transatlantic crossing on the Queen Victoria (final segment of the world cruise) in April/May 2015. I had a wonderful time and met many interesting people. There are many ways to meet people: the dining room, lectures, trivia, afternoon tea, etc. I am cruising solo aboard the QM2 again this September.

Chuck

Haven't been on QV but have cruised 130 days on QE and don't believe there would be much difference. Cunard is great for solo cruisers. I asked for a large table and was placed with nine other solos. I also met people at trivia, on the Cruise Critic roll call, and other activities. Don't worry about it.