Champagne on the Dawn

Oceangirl60

• 2 weeks later...

That's assuming they identify the bottle in your luggage: of so, they ask if you want to pay $15 per bottle, and you can then drink it wherever you want. If they don't, you can drink it in your room or on the ship, but I suspect you can't have the bottle served to you in a restaurant. BTW, if they identify a bottle or bottles in your luggage and you don't want to pay the $15/bottle corkage fee, they store the bottle(s) for you and deliver it to you room the night before arrival.

Edited by soxfan2013

That's assuming they identify the bottle in your luggage: of so, they ask if you want to pay $15 per bottle, and you can then drink it wherever you want. If they don't, you can drink it in your room or on the ship, but I suspect you can't have the bottle served to you in a restaurant. BTW, if they identify a bottle or bottles in your luggage and you don't want to pay the $15/bottle corkage fee, they store the bottle(s) for you and deliver it to you room the night before arrival.

They will actually serve your carried-on wine/sparkling wine/champagne to you in restaurants on board. We take on sparkling wine and have brought our bottle to dinner and it's been served before. :)

If you don't want to pay the corkage, I have only seen discarded (full) bottles of wine at the table (in Miami) where you pay the corkage. Someone will correct me, but I don't believe they store it for you until the last day. Maybe some ports are different, but we typically just sail from Miami and that's what we've seen. (ETA: I see you're talking about putting wine in your luggage, not carrying on. I'd think they'd store it then. Sorry!)

Edited by dolita22